+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students applying from the UK

Jun 6, 2017
Hey everyone,

If you're applying from the UK, can you help me out?

I sent off my study permit application on the 14th July. CIC currently has an estimated processing time of 2 weeks. Anyone experienced a different time or is this about right? My flight is soon and I'm worried I won't get it in time!

P.S. If anyone wants CAQ timeline info, I applied for it on the 9th June, and received it on the 13th July.

Thanks

basitz

Jun 15, 2017
I think its going to be more than 2 weeks, whats your status? I applied on 12th July from London.

exd

Feb 5, 2016
In response to my query I have received the following reply

Applied 12 June from Sweden London VFS

"We write in reply to your enquiry.

Your application is in active process - part of the processing is done in Canada and cannot be expedited. In saying that please be assured that we aim to finalise your application as soon as the file review is complete.

Applicants are reminded not to finalise their travel plans until the visa has been issued.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,"

basitz

Jun 15, 2017
In response to my query I have received the following reply

Applied 12 June from Sweden London VFS

"We write in reply to your enquiry.

Your application is in active process - part of the processing is done in Canada and cannot be expedited. In saying that please be assured that we aim to finalise your application as soon as the file review is complete.

Applicants are reminded not to finalise their travel plans until the visa has been issued.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,"
Oh thats good news actually.

I dont understand the part where they stated "part of the processing is done in Canada"

Does that mean our application is processing in canada and not the London High Commission?

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Oh thats good news actually.

I dont understand the part where they stated "part of the processing is done in Canada"

Does that mean our application is processing in canada and not the London High Commission?
No idea mate but it may means that background checks required from Canada is being done

and its only GOOD news because my file is alive, it has nothing to do with positive decision mate :)

Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for your comments everyone - I just received my study permit, so it actually took less than 2 weeks! Sent on 14th July, arrived 27th July. It was an online application if that makes any difference.

basitz

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks for your comments everyone - I just received my study permit, so it actually took less than 2 weeks! Sent on 14th July, arrived 27th July. It was an online application if that makes any difference.
Heyy, can you share your profile please?

Also have you sent the passport? Or does it just states online that it has been approved?

Ifetolu

Jul 28, 2017

You are very fortunate. I applied on 10th July. I'm yet to hear from them and somewhat anxious. Did online application. Going for Phd, University of Manitoba

Ifetolu

Jul 28, 2017
My passport was stated as approved online, I did not have to send it off. I was very lucky.

I don't know what you mean by profile?
You still have to take your passport to Canada House in London to have it stamped I think. What country are you from and what school are you going to for your phd if you don't mind my asking

Ifetolu

Jul 28, 2017
You still have to take your passport to Canada House in London to have it stamped I think. What country are you from and what school are you going to for your phd if you don't mind my asking
Have the visa put on it I mean.

Is there any other person who has seen his or hers and applied this July?

Jun 6, 2017
I'm applying from the UK. I am applying for a PhD in Quebec.

They will stamp/put my visa on at the Canadian border. I don't have to do anything else.

Ifetolu

Jul 28, 2017
I'm applying from the UK. I am applying for a PhD in Quebec.

They will stamp/put my visa on at the Canadian border. I don't have to do anything else.
I got my visa today. Applied 10th July online in London. This forum kept me busy while I was waiting with anxiety. I wish all those waiting all the best. God did mine. He'll do yours. Cheers

mandeep2050

Aug 9, 2017
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
I got my visa today. Applied 10th July online in London. This forum kept me busy while I was waiting with anxiety. I wish all those waiting all the best. God did mine. He'll do yours. Cheers
Hi congratulations i just want to ask you Something about ur application. Did you provide Ielts to embassy or not and xan you Please tell me what nationality are you from. I did my masters in uk and i want to apply too but i m not sure if i need to do ielts or not.