+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student

_ohohjohh

Mar 24, 2018
hello just wanna ask my dad is in canada and he is planning to get us. we are done with the medical and just waiting for the PR to be approved. My question is:
1) once i am in canada how can i go to college? What grade will i be in? Will i be considered college or i will go back to high school? because i heard the education system in canada is different from Philippines (btw im in 3rd year college here in the philippines)
2) can i work and study at the same time?

Ty in advance!!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
hello just wanna ask my dad is in canada and he is planning to get us. we are done with the medical and just waiting for the PR to be approved. My question is:
1) once i am in canada how can i go to college? What grade will i be in? Will i be considered college or i will go back to high school? because i heard the education system in canada is different from Philippines (btw im in 3rd year college here in the philippines)
2) can i work and study at the same time?

Ty in advance!!!
You have to check the school's application process and the eligibility requirements of the course you want to enter.

If you want your subjects from the Philippines credited, you will have to submit a course-by-course ECA, using your transcripts and the course syllabi/descriptions.
https://www.wes.org/ca/

At the very least you should be able to get your high school degree recognized in Canada if you've already completed at least two years of college in the Philippines.

2. If you are a PR, yes you can.

Last edited: