+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student with TA&RA experience apply for CEC

wolffy

Jan 16, 2010
Hello all,

I have two questions regarding this CEC.

My situation is described below:

I graduated from a university in Ontario (4 years honour BSc)
Now I am studying my master program (NOT a phD, I don't know if there would be any difference) in a university in Montreal (2 years, 1 year and 4 months done).
I have started to work as TA and RA since I started my master program. (Since September 3rd 2008)

So my questions are:

1) Does my RA experience count as part time job that is qualified for applying for CEC?

2) If my TA and/or RA experience of my 2 year master program count, who should I ask to write a proof of these experiences and what should be written on the paper proof?

Thank you guys! I know you guys are the best!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Your part-time work experience would likely qualify, however, you would have to accumulate the equivalent number of hours of one year of full-time work (1950 hours) within a 24-month period.

As for the letters of reference, see the application guide, and particularly the document checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5609E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.PDF

wolffy

Jan 16, 2010
Guys, some other thoughts...

From one website I heard that in order to be qualified for the CEC. One must graduate from a Canadian post secondary institute 2-yr or more AND get a Post Graduate Work Permit Then work under this permit???

I heard it from here: www0canadavisa0com/canadian-experience-class.html Click on the video and the guy in the clip said it... (replace the 0's with . )

Tell me if it is true???

Second. Do I need to proof any French language skill for the CEC if I plan to move out of Quebec?

Third, I graduated from a Canadian University (4 yrs) so do I still need to give some IELTS score or my diploma is good enough to prove that my English language skill is qualified?

Thanks guys!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
wolffy said:
Guys, some other thoughts...

From one website I heard that in order to be qualified for the CEC. One must graduate from a Canadian post secondary institute 2-yr or more AND get a Post Graduate Work Permit Then work under this permit???

I heard it from here: www0canadavisa0com/canadian-experience-class.html Click on the video and the guy in the clip said it... (replace the 0's with . )

Tell me if it is true???

This is the most common route, but it is not true that it is a requirement. What IS required is that if you are working, you are doing it with proper authorization. Assuming you have the proper study permit, as a graduate student, you are authorized to work as an RA/TA.

Second. Do I need to proof any French language skill for the CEC if I plan to move out of Quebec?

It is a requirement of CEC that you plan to live outside the province of Quebec. You must prove your ability in English OR French.

Third, I graduated from a Canadian University (4 yrs) so do I still need to give some IELTS score or my diploma is good enough to prove that my English language skill is qualified?
Thanks guys!
If English is not your first language, it is ALWAYS recommended that you provide an IELTS score.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/immigrate/cec/language.asp

Once again, ALL of your questions are answered by CIC on the website. Please help yourself.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
wolffy said:
Thank you! But how sure are you about my RA experience?

Of course I know absolutely nothing about your RA experience. Only YOU know if your main duties match the NOC code description. 4122 is Skill Level A so it should qualify as skilled experience.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=4&val1=4122&val11=research+assistant&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

But you can search this website for information about other RAs.