+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student with 10years work exp, will student visa application be accepted?

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Hi guys,
My gf has almost 10 years of work exp being a SAP n IT consultant.
She has recieved her admission letter from SFU fr sept 2016 intake.
As per geebee consultants from India, if there is a work exp of more than 5 years and then u are applying for student visa, it would get pretty much rejected. She has already paid non refundable tution deposit of $2k.

Please tell me if her application will be rejected!!!

Thanks
Abhineet

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
abhineetarora said:
Hi guys,
My gf has almost 10 years of work exp being a SAP n IT consultant.
She has recieved her admission letter from SFU fr sept 2016 intake.
As per geebee consultants from India, if there is a work exp of more than 5 years and then u are applying for student visa, it would get pretty much rejected. She has already paid non refundable tution deposit of $2k.

Please tell me if her application will be rejected!!!

Thanks
Abhineet
For anyone to really comment apart from the work experience might help if you listed qualifications and course enrolled in for comments on whether course adds to work experience or is simply some random course to get a study permit. Nobody on here can say if will be rejected only CIC can say but might be able to comment on chances.

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Bs65 said:
For anyone to really comment apart from the work experience might help if you listed qualifications and course enrolled in for comments on whether course adds to work experience or is simply some random course to get a study permit. Nobody on here can say if will be rejected only CIC can say but might be able to comment on chances.
Hi Bs65, thanks for the reply.
Yes my mistake of not providing extra info.
80-85% marks in bachelors(BScIT- Bachelor of science in Information Technology) in 2005, since then she has been working in consulting.
The MBA course she applied for in SFU will be helpful for her but after getting in touch with education consultants,they informed that with this kind of profile, there are hardly any chances for her application to be accepted.

What i meant to ask was does things like this happen? Is it common?
I mean why would CIC reject an application if there is a gap of 10 years or so between her bachelors and Master's
PS- I hope I was able to explain the situation a bit more clearly ;)

shahidparwez

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
02-05-2016
File Transfer...
04-05-2016
abhineetarora said:
Hi Bs65, thanks for the reply.
Yes my mistake of not providing extra info.
80-85% marks in bachelors(BScIT- Bachelor of science in Information Technology) in 2005, since then she has been working in consulting.
The MBA course she applied for in SFU will be helpful for her but after getting in touch with education consultants,they informed that with this kind of profile, there are hardly any chances for her application to be accepted.

What i meant to ask was does things like this happen? Is it common?
I mean why would CIC reject an application if there is a gap of 10 years or so between her bachelors and Master's
PS- I hope I was able to explain the situation a bit more clearly ;)
Gap between bachelors and masters degree is indeed very important. But if you have completed your studies and have sufficient work experience it is no issue at all