+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student-Visitor-Student

goodv1bes

Oct 7, 2013
Came into Canada as a student. Withdrawing from my institution and changing to a visitor permit while I look for a new school. How difficult will it be for me to change back to a study permit? Do I still have to apply outside of Canada? My understanding is that if I came into Canada as a student initially, things will be slightly easier for me? Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Many thanks!

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
If you get a Visitor record and your Study Permit expires while in Canada, you won't be able to renew a Study Permit from within Canada. For initial application for Study and Work Permits one should do it from their country of origin (country of residence other than Canada). The changes are coming for international students in June that will allow some visitors to apply for a Study Permit from within Canada, however, there are certain conditions for that and it seems that in your case you will have to apply from your country. You see, according to the current rules, one can stay in Canada for the duration of their Study Permit even if he/she is not studying. It all is going to change come June. The students who are not actively pursuing their program of study will be reported to CIC by their schools and issued removal letters. All the best in finding the best solution for you!