+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa

Mak92782

Apr 22, 2021
Hello All,

I have done a Masters degree from USA. I have received an admit for an MBA program from canadian university. Can anyone please please tell me whether it will create any issue for getting a student visa? Since I already have a Master degree. Also, I am not sure how to show strong ties with home country. I am concerned that visa officer might misinterpret since I am doing second masters degree. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes it will cause issues because you need to show why you have to spend thousands of dollars on a masters when you have one from a US university. You need to show career progression and strong ties in your home country. Strong ties are property, car, investments, job prospects etc.

Mak92782

Apr 22, 2021
Yes it will cause issues because you need to show why you have to spend thousands of dollars on a masters when you have one from a US university. You need to show career progression and strong ties in your home country. Strong ties are property, car, investments, job prospects etc.
The reason I want to an MBA since it a broad field (marketing, finance etc) with more job prospects .Can I show property & investments which are under my parents name? The net worth would be around $1mn ~$1.5mnn CAD.

Mak92782

Apr 22, 2021
Also, I have a Master's degree in engineering field and not in management domain.

vivektripathy20

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hello All,

I have done a Masters degree from USA. I have received an admit for an MBA program from canadian university. Can anyone please please tell me whether it will create any issue for getting a student visa? Since I already have a Master degree. Also, I am not sure how to show strong ties with home country. I am concerned that visa officer might misinterpret since I am doing second masters degree. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
I have recently got visa approval for my second masters in Canada.you need to show study progression with your second masters,that you can do by making strong sop,include chartered accountant net-worth certificate(your parents and yours),property papers in your name to show strong ties to your home country.

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
hello friends. Can anyone tell me that while having a permanent resident visa, one needs a study permit or not?