Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 band
Hi,
One of my friend just landed to Canada yesterday and got her study permit but officer didn’t issue any work permit with it?
Dies she need to apply again for work permit or she can work without applying.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Students don't need separate work permits to work for up to 20 hours per week. The only time a separate work permit would be issued is if the student is on a co-op employment term. Otherwise, work authorization should be noted in the Remarks section on the bottom of the permit.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,
One of my friend just landed to Canada yesterday and got her study permit but officer didn’t issue any work permit with it?
Dies she need to apply again for work permit or she can work without applying.
It should say on the study permit that your friend is authorized to work in Canada up to 20 hours a week. If it doesnt say then your friend can't work and has to get a special approval. Had this problems once with one of my study permits.

Dan D

Feb 19, 2020
Pls someone should help me.....Why has my Study Visa not been approved since the 13th of July that i applied

Dan D

Feb 19, 2020
Because processing times are longer than two months.
Not Every i guess because a Friend of mine got a Response within 3weeks of Reapplying again...and what got me scared was when i saw processing time for Nigeria to be 27weeks!!!

jiyamathur0312

Aug 28, 2020
Not Every i guess because a Friend of mine got a Response within 3weeks of Reapplying again...and what got me scared was when i saw processing time for Nigeria to be 27weeks!!!
Don't believe on this time. In UAE it is shown 23 weeks, however they are responding in 2 weeks to 3 weeks only.

Abbey Alabey

Sep 4, 2020
Hi, I applied for study permit on 13th July. Did my biometric on September 10th. But am yet to get any reply or update regarding my study permit approved.The university that I got admission from Canada has started remote lectures since 16th September as well.. They asked me to register for my Fall term courses, but am yet to get my study permit approved. Anyone with useful information about this my case. What can i do about this issue

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi, I applied for study permit on 13th July. Did my biometric on September 10th. But am yet to get any reply or update regarding my study permit approved.The university that I got admission from Canada has started remote lectures since 16th September as well.. They asked me to register for my Fall term courses, but am yet to get my study permit approved. Anyone with useful information about this my case. What can i do about this issue
You can see if they'll let you defer your intake. Otherwise you need to register for courses and pay your tuition.

Abbey Alabey

Sep 4, 2020
Thanks for your reply, you mean I should contact the institution if they can allow me to defer my intake? If I defer my intake, will that affect my study permit approval?