+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa

Puri1991

Nov 18, 2018
Hello there,

I have completed my graduation ( BCA distance education) in 2014 and have been working in an IT conpany. I have 4+ years of experience in digital marketing. Now i want to persue my education in Canada and got overall 6 (not less than 5.5) in IELTS. So i want to know am i eligible to get student visa. Do i fulfill the requirements. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: AGoodSoul

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Hello there,

I have completed my graduation ( BCA distance education) in 2014 and have been working in an IT conpany. I have 4+ years of experience in digital marketing. Now i want to persue my education in Canada and got overall 6 (not less than 5.5) in IELTS. So i want to know am i eligible to get student visa. Do i fulfill the requirements. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I think you do have a good chance depending upon:
1. Statement or intent.. why the masters
2. The course you select
3. Finance and strong ties... U need to convince u will come back to India after the course
4. IELTS seems ok ... 7 -8 would be easy. But be prepared to give IELTS again based on college requirements or if any band is less than 6 ( see CiC official website for ielts min. scores for masters.

I am from digital marketing 10 yrs almost. Sr. Mgr level. I chose MGM at RRU as that's my next step to leadership role in global companies.

Your course needs to be very strong. See what interests you and what will help you in the long run

Puri1991

Nov 18, 2018
I think you do have a good chance depending upon:
1. Statement or intent.. why the masters
2. The course you select
3. Finance and strong ties... U need to convince u will come back to India after the course
4. IELTS seems ok ... 7 -8 would be easy. But be prepared to give IELTS again based on college requirements or if any band is less than 6 ( see CiC official website for ielts min. scores for masters.

I am from digital marketing 10 yrs almost. Sr. Mgr level. I chose MGM at RRU as that's my next step to leadership role in global companies.

Your course needs to be very strong. See what interests you and what will help you in the long run
Thanks for the information but someone told me that there are two types of ways to get visa.

1. SDS
2. General

So i need to understand about both of the processes. Advantages and disadvantages.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for the information but someone told me that there are two types of ways to get visa.

1. SDS
2. General

So i need to understand about both of the processes. Advantages and disadvantages.
SDS:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

SDS is just to streamline the application for four countries by requiring less financial documents. Under SDS, you only need to provide 1 year tuition receipt and a GIC of CAD10k as financial proof. The rest of the documents required are the same as through general stream.

Puri1991

Nov 18, 2018
SDS:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

SDS is just to streamline the application for four countries by requiring less financial documents. Under SDS, you only need to provide 1 year tuition receipt and a GIC of CAD10k as financial proof. The rest of the documents required are the same as through general stream.
Thanks for the reply but accordingly the information i had in general category student is not allowed to get post work visa. Is it true??

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018