+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa without medical exam

Sonia91

Sep 14, 2018
HI everyone,
Is it possible to get visa approval with out medical exam?
I applied on September 5th 2018, my course will start October 22nd 2018, my statu is processing your application. Today is 34 days and still didn't receive the medical exam request.
Applied for 1 year program : 6 months study and 6 months practicum.
So is it possible to get the approval without having medical exam ?
Thank you

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
HI everyone,
Is it possible to get visa approval with out medical exam?
I applied on September 5th 2018, my course will start October 22nd 2018, my statu is processing your application. Today is 34 days and still didn't receive the medical exam request.
Applied for 1 year program : 6 months study and 6 months practicum.
So is it possible to get the approval without having medical exam ?
Thank you
depends from which country you came from. you can check here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

hth

prachitalajia

May 11, 2021
Hello,

I have been living in the USA for 3 years. I am about to file my student visa application. Do I require to give my medical? Will my visa get rejected if I do not require to get a medical exam done?

Please help me! I am unsure about what should I be doing.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

I have been living in the USA for 3 years. I am about to file my student visa application. Do I require to give my medical? Will my visa get rejected if I do not require to get a medical exam done?

Please help me! I am unsure about what should I be doing.
Check if you are exempted from the link provided above by rogelcorral

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I did have a look at it and it states that I do not require it but can you please have a look at it and let me know if I have understood it correctly?
Provided you were in States continously for 6 months and year before your intended entry to Canada, you dont

prachitalajia

May 11, 2021
Provided you were in States continously for 6 months and year before your intended entry to Canada, you dont
I just had been to Mexico for 1 day in the month of April, I plan to enter Canada in the last week of August/ first week of September, would that affect me?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
you dont need medical. and if you need one IRCC will request it for you
He need medical because 6 months continously presence a yaar before intended entry to canada does not apply. He was to Mexico within the period in question. However, he can apply and IRCC will let applicant know, i guess basis of the question was to either do upfront or not

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
He need medical because 6 months continously presence a yaar before intended entry to canada does not apply. He was to Mexico within the period in question. However, he can apply and IRCC will let applicant know, i guess basis of the question was to either do upfront or not
he was in mexico only 1 day and lass 3 years was in usa. as far as i understood ? so i guess he doesn't need medical.

prachitalajia

May 11, 2021
Yes, I had been to Mexico only for 1 night to change my USA visa status. Otherwise, I have not left the USA since 2019.
Also, I go by she/her/hers.

So, sorry, I am confused, do I need one or no?

I want to know if I will ever need to get one.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, I had been to Mexico only for 1 night to change my USA visa status. Otherwise, I have not left the USA since 2019.
Also, I go by she/her/hers.

So, sorry, I am confused, do I need one or no?

I want to know if I will ever need to get one.
he was in mexico only 1 day and lass 3 years was in usa. as far as i understood ? so i guess he doesn't need medical.
I looked up again and Actually you are right and i interpreted wrong. He doesnt need medical as he travelled to the country that is exempted from medical and it was not within last year.