+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa with a condittional letter (and CAQ)

Javalde88

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!!!
Some days ago, I asked something about if I could appy for the CAQ using a conditional letter of acceptance... today I received the confirmation that I will get the CAQ.

However, I will apply for the student visa, and I saw some information and I'm a little bit confused... this is the info that I saw in the cic web page:
"The following list of items should be included in the letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution submitted by the applicant at the time of their study permit application:.............any conditions related to the acceptance or registration, such as academic prerequisites, completion of a previous degree, proof of language competence, etc....."​

"Processing should not be delayed and study permits should be issued without advanced fulfilment of conditions"​

Can I apply for the student visa using the same conditional letter of acceptance? (My condition is that I must finish my master course in my home country)
Looking this info, I can apply with that letter but I'm not sure and I don't want to apply and delay the process.

sheriff24

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
hello, am also in the same case with you. I was informed by the school I applied to that I will be given conditional offer because some courses are needed to be completed before i can pursue my program.

Quickly, I wrote to back to the school that the chances of getting visa with Conditional offer is very low so if the school can give me unconditional offer and when i get to Canada I will complete those courses before starting my program.

I am currently waiting for the school response.

Javalde88

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheriff24 said:
hello, am also in the same case with you. I was informed by the school I applied to that I will be given conditional offer because some courses are needed to be completed before i can pursue my program.

Quickly, I wrote to back to the school that the chances of getting visa with Conditional offer is very low so if the school can give me unconditional offer and when i get to Canada I will complete those courses before starting my program.

I am currently waiting for the school response.
Hello!!! Yes, I saw that some persons can finish some courses in Canada... In my case, I will send an email to the university, and I will tell them that I have two documents which prove that I finished my master course. The other problem is the insurance, I don't know if I need to buy it that before applying to the visa or after.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
You can apply for visa with a conditional offer letter. But make sure you provide proof of fulfilling the conditions.

You do not need to buy insurance. Most of the time your university will provide you the coverage.

Javalde88

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luvanuj said:
You can apply for visa with a conditional offer letter. But make sure you provide proof of fulfilling the conditions.

You do not need to buy insurance. Most of the time your university will provide you the coverage.
Thank you... yesterday, the persons in the University told me that they didn't believe that my conditions could delay or deny the visa, I told them that I have a couple of documents which prove that I finished my master but the response was the same.

Do you think that is a good idea if I attach these documents with my conditional letter?

Thanks, again.