03-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Passport Req..
29-09-2014
Hello everyone,

My husband is a Canadian Citizen and my outland PR application has been submitted by him on march 3rd, 2014. Meanwhile , I am planning to apply for student visa, as my spousal visa is going to take long.

Should I mention about my PR application , while applying for the student visa. If yes , where exactly ? No where in the application form they ask for it. There is something called SOE (Statement of explanation) where I need to specify why I chose Canada. Should I mention my husband being there in Canada as one reason ? or should I hide that fact ?

Please help ..

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
rapunzel1228 said:
Hello everyone,

My husband is a Canadian Citizen and my outland PR application has been submitted by him on march 3rd, 2014. Meanwhile , I am planning to apply for student visa, as my spousal visa is going to take long.

Should I mention about my PR application , while applying for the student visa. If yes , where exactly ? No where in the application form they ask for it. There is something called SOE (Statement of explanation) where I need to specify why I chose Canada. Should I mention my husband being there in Canada as one reason ? or should I hide that fact ?

Please help ..
What you are trying to do is "dual intent". Yes, you should mention it in your application. The biggest reason for rejection is that the VO feels that you will not leave Canada at the end of your study period. If you can prove that you have no inetention of leaving Canada because you will be legally entitled to stay here by the time your SP (and subsuquent PGWP) expire, you should have no problems in getting the visa

rapunzel1228

Oct 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Passport Req..
29-09-2014
txboyscout said:
What you are trying to do is "dual intent". Yes, you should mention it in your application. The biggest reason for rejection is that the VO feels that you will not leave Canada at the end of your study period. If you can prove that you have no inetention of leaving Canada because you will be legally entitled to stay here by the time your SP (and subsuquent PGWP) expire, you should have no problems in getting the visa
Thanks for replying ..

but where in my student visa application do i mention this ... Should i mention this as a reason for chosing canada ?

Angil_Teri

Mar 14, 2014
Hi,

I don't know if I will be of much help because I believe those things can be very subjective. When applying for a student visa it is important to show that you have attachments to your home country (i.e. properties, job offers, school), but I guess in your case if you explain the situation and show that you have the means to support yourself, you should be fine.

I met my common-law partner when I went to Canada on a 6 months study visa. We dated, we fall in love, we moved in together. I decided to extend my stay as a visitor, and the justification I gave was that I was in a relationship with a canadian citizen and I wanted to explore more of the relationship and also have some time to visit Canada now that my studies were over. I did not want to stay in Canada as a visitor quitting school back home and not being able to work in the country. So I went back to my country and stayed there for 4.5 months on a long-distance relationship while I was preparing to come back to Quebec to live with my boyfriend. I went back to Canada as a college student, and when I requested my student visa, I sent an invitation letter from my boyfriend that said that we would be living together, and he would be responsible for giving me food, shelter, etc... I got my visa again no problems in about 10 days.

Even at the airport when I came to Canada again (3 months before classes started) I told the officer that I was staying with my canadian boyfriend and showed him a copy of the invitation letter (ok, that might have been a bit stupid but I was tired after 24h of travelling he looked ugly at me and opened all of my luggage, but let me go). And we weren't even common-law or had started the sponsorship process yet. Now we are common-law and we sent our application last week. I already graduated and I am now on a PGWP, and later will be looking into getting an LMO so I can keep working while our application is processed.

Bottom line is, even when I was just dating him my relationship was mentioned in every visa request I've ever done. I never lied about my relationship and I have never had a visa denied, and I am not from a visa exempt country. So you with your PR on the way should be just fine.
Just say you wish to get good education in Canada and be with your partner while waiting for the PR.

Good Luck

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
rapunzel1228 said:
Thanks for replying ..

but where in my student visa application do i mention this ... Should i mention this as a reason for chosing canada ?
Explain it in your SOP---talk about how you are going to study in Canada to get a head start of on your life there. How having a canadian credential will make it easier for you to land a job in Canada. Talk about how many months your PR application will take and then how long your SP and PGWP will be for. Show them that by the time your permission to stay in Canada expires you will already be a PR and you will not have to leave