+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Stamp

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,

I have been living in Canada for almost 4 years now, and I am on a visit outside of Canada for family. I left and my visa stamp is expired but my study permit is valid for another 11 months. I was going to get back to Canada yesterday, but they didn't let me in since I need a new visa stamp on my passport. It would be so much appreciated if you could tell me what is the quickest way to get the stamp so I can get back to Canada because my studies start very soon.

I am very stressed on this, so it would be very helpful if you could answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have been living in Canada for almost 4 years now, and I am on a visit outside of Canada for family. I left and my visa stamp is expired but my study permit is valid for another 11 months. I was going to get back to Canada yesterday, but they didn't let me in since I need a new visa stamp on my passport. It would be so much appreciated if you could tell me what is the quickest way to get the stamp so I can get back to Canada because my studies start very soon.

I am very stressed on this, so it would be very helpful if you could answer my question. Thanks in advance.
You need a TRV to enter Canada. A study permit is not a TRV. A stamp is not enough as you need to apply for a TRV.

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
You stated that you have a study permit that is valid for another 11 months, so you apply for a TRV. Where do you live?
Currently, I am on a visit to my family in Jordan, but I do live in Winnipeg where my primary address is.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Currently, I am on a visit to my family in Jordan, but I do live in Winnipeg where my primary address is.
You are applying from Jordan, not Canada. Doesn’t matter that you have a Canadian address. Apply and your application may be processed as CAN+ so a few weeks. Average processing from Jordan is 76 days. This doesn’t include the times to get your passport stamped once approved.

Reactions: tahaali23

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
You are applying from Jordan, not Canada. Doesn’t matter that you have a Canadian address. Apply and your application may be processed as CAN+ so a few weeks. Average processing from Jordan is 76 days. This doesn’t include the times to get your passport stamped once approved.
Thanks for your reply. What does CAN+ mean? (I am sorry I am asking way too many questions about this). Also, is it a few weeks or 76 days (the timing is very stressful for me)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. What does CAN+ mean? (I am sorry I am asking way too many questions about this). Also, is it a few weeks or 76 days (the timing is very stressful for me)?
Processing from Jordan is 76 days. However given you had a Canadian TRV, IRCC may process it quicker within a week or two (CAN+). Honestly you will not know until you submit and wait for response. If you want to travel within the month then get application submitted ASAP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They start on the 6th of this month.
Don’t think you will get there in 4 days. You need to talk to your school about the latest you can start your studies, and process for deferral. Ask about starting online on the 6th. Given the holiday weekend, you cannot speak with them until the 5th. Do you have a valid medical? Just a heads up…You may be asked for one since on a study permit.

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa on the 4th through the IRCC portal, I did not find a selection where I apply for a TRV with the purpose of study without applying for a study permit (since I mentioned already that I don't need a study permit), would I be eligible for a visitor visa and would it take long or not?