+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa rejection

Andre10

Dec 22, 2020
I have been rejected my student visa based on personal assets and financial status what should I do when I reapply for my student visa? I submitted an affidavit of support letter and bank statement from my cousin stating he will support me on my first application

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
I have been rejected my student visa based on personal assets and financial status what should I do when I reapply for my student visa? I submitted an affidavit of support letter and bank statement from my cousin stating he will support me on my first application
so sorryy... wat was the eligibility status?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Sorry to hear your case, however I feel any POF from someone outside immediate family is not taken positively by VO. Your case may be genuine but they apply the same rule for all. Have you paid any tuition fees at all ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
A cousin financing your studies sounds suspect, i don't see you overcoming this unless you or an immediate family member can sponsor your education. Even then, preferably a parent.

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi Mates, If GIC and Full-year tuition paid, still required to show who sponsored for those expenses. I'm bit concerned about this.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
A cousin financing your studies sounds suspect, i don't see you overcoming this unless you or an immediate family member can sponsor your education. Even then, preferably a parent.
if parent sponsor should we show financial documents of parent or student? in sds stream....

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Mates, If GIC and Full-year tuition paid, still required to show who sponsored for those expenses. I'm bit concerned about this.
GIC needs to be paid from your account or a join account, no way out as requirement from the bank. For tuition fees anyone can pay and most receipts will only mention the name of the student & not the payer so should be good.

Reactions: Atchu

Jash619

Dec 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
STUDY
Hey as a rule thumb you should pay for a GIC from your own bank account i.e an account having the same name and address as your passport to increase your probability of getting an approval. Other than that having a relative there makes your case kinda sus for the VO

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Really is it necessary to be a parent even if my cousin is a Canadian citizen
As a guide, if you want to know how VO will review your file. Think of the absolute opposite of what you would consider normal. No kidding, read through the forum & there is no logic in a lot of rejection cases that goes around. Remember you need them & not the other way around so just do what they want you to do even if it does not make any sense as there is no other way out unfurtunately.

Baby34

Dec 19, 2020
Hello house, I'm from Ethiopia. I was applied for my PhD study permit on November 27 after I got my CAQ from Quebec, and then biometric completed and upfront medical passed on December 1& 2 respectively, but unfortunately on December 15, I got refusal letter from IRCC. Reason for refusal by VO -

I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay based on travel history, family tie, personal assets and financial status as stipulated in section 216(1).

My LOE.. My PhD program is not fully/partially funded. The tuition fee is 8760 CAD(not paid) and living expenses is 11000CAD, and I provided 65k CAD in my bank account (bank letter stated) among this 48K CAD was transferred from my half brother - same mother( support letter attached), his bank statement with 59K CAD and business license (both attached) as well as my supervisor granted me 18K CAD on behalf of my university (letter attached). Family tie - I'm single, and attached employment letter officially written from my working public hospital(CEO signed and stated that the hospital will hire me back once I did my study) and also I explained I have big career opportunities with high salary scale in my country once I completed, and huge responsibilities of looking after my elderly parents that makes me come back to hometown. Personal assets - my landholder certificate worth like 2500000 birr (80K CAD but I used my local currency - birr) as well as my parents landholder certificate (attached). Did not go anywhere. I was tried to highlight everything as much as I could, but I'm not sure how much I convinced the VO, and got refused !!!.

Please forward me your comments, it might be very helpful...

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello house, I'm from Ethiopia. I was applied for my PhD study permit on November 27 after I got my CAQ from Quebec, and then biometric completed and upfront medical passed on December 1& 2 respectively, but unfortunately on December 15, I got refusal letter from IRCC. Reason for refusal by VO -

I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay based on travel history, family tie, personal assets and financial status as stipulated in section 216(1).

My LOE.. My PhD program is not fully/partially funded. The tuition fee is 8760 CAD(not paid) and living expenses is 11000CAD, and I provided 65k CAD in my bank account (bank letter stated) among this 48K CAD was transferred from my half brother - same mother( support letter attached), his bank statement with 59K CAD and business license (both attached) as well as my supervisor granted me 18K CAD on behalf of my university (letter attached). Family tie - I'm single, and attached employment letter officially written from my working public hospital(CEO signed and stated that the hospital will hire me back once I did my study) and also I explained I have big career opportunities with high salary scale in my country once I completed, and huge responsibilities of looking after my elderly parents that makes me come back to hometown. Personal assets - my landholder certificate worth like 2500000 birr (80K CAD but I used my local currency - birr) as well as my parents landholder certificate (attached). Did not go anywhere. I was tried to highlight everything as much as I could, but I'm not sure how much I convinced the VO, and got refused !!!.

Please forward me your comments, it might be very helpful...
If I understand correctly you have not paid any fees yet and have only shown everything in bank account. Honestly, this does not mean anything to VO as the money can be easily withdrawn. I suggest you at least make some payment of your fees. Usually 1st year fees is a good start. If you have the option to get GIC done, then do it as well. This will make your financial records stronger. Did you ever travel outside your country ?

Reactions: Baby34