+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejection

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
Hello,
I have the following question. My sister applied for Student Visa and got rejected. Here is a brief letterof rejection:
........you must satisfy an officer that you meet the requirements of Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all the documentation which you have provided is support of your application, I am not satisfied that you need the requirements of the Act and the Regulations. I am refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. “Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following the examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Purpose of visit
Your current employment situation
Your personal assets and financial status
Not satisfied with provenance and history of funds accumulation, establishment in home country, education and professional experience.....

Here is how we applied. She came to visit me in Canada and decided to study. So, she is in Canada on visitor visa, and she applied to Los Angeles for student visa. This is the only office that accepts Study applications who are legally in Canada on visiting visa. She finished Animation and Computer graphics 4yr Diploma and was thinking to take language school for 6 months and after that go to Centennial Collage for a 2 year program in Animation. She showed that she has $22000, also we mentioned that she will stay with me, I also attached all my bank statements and employment letter.
So, I cannot understand, did we show not enough money, or the problem is that I live in Canada. Our parents are in Russia. I am the only sister who is in Canada, no any other relatives in Canada, all are in Russia.
Please let me know if you had a similar situation. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lara_K79 said:
Hello,
I have the following question. My sister applied for Student Visa and got rejected. Here is a brief letterof rejection:
........you must satisfy an officer that you meet the requirements of Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all the documentation which you have provided is support of your application, I am not satisfied that you need the requirements of the Act and the Regulations. I am refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. “Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following the examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Purpose of visit
Your current employment situation
Your personal assets and financial status
Not satisfied with provenance and history of funds accumulation, establishment in home country, education and professional experience.....

Here is how we applied. She came to visit me in Canada and decided to study. So, she is in Canada on visitor visa, and she applied to Los Angeles for student visa. This is the only office that accepts Study applications who are legally in Canada on visiting visa. She finished Animation and Computer graphics 4yr Diploma and was thinking to take language school for 6 months and after that go to Centennial Collage for a 2 year program in Animation. She showed that she has $22000, also we mentioned that she will stay with me, I also attached all my bank statements and employment letter.
So, I cannot understand, did we show not enough money, or the problem is that I live in Canada. Our parents are in Russia. I am the only sister who is in Canada, no any other relatives in Canada, all are in Russia.
Please let me know if you had a similar situation. Thanks.
1. She already has a 4 year degree in Animation and Computer graphics, and now wants another 2 year program in the same discipline. The VO probably looked at this as not a progression in her education, as she already has a 4 year degree in the same program.

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Can you tell me which documents did you sent? I'm Ukrainian, and i'm going to do the same procedure....but now I'm not sure that it's possible :-[

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
Tolan4uk said:
Can you tell me which documents did you sent? I'm Ukrainian, and i'm going to do the same procedure....but now I'm not sure that it's possible :-[
Hi, we sent acceptance letter from Hansa Language School, Bank Statement from both Bank here is Canada and Russian Bank, Application forms required. We didn't include property document, and also maybe we should include copy of her Diploma and letter from work. Maybe that was our mistake. Also, my sister first came to visit me in Canada as a visitor, and after decided to study, and applied for study permit within the Canada thru Lon Angeles Office not leaving Canada. May be that also made them suspicious. She will re-apply. However, we still thinking shall we apply thru Los Angeles or go tru Moscow.
Good luck, make sure you include all documents proving 1. you will leave Canada after completing and 2. hav anought money to study and live.