+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa rejected

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi,
My cousins Student visa rejected with below reason.
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."
He is currently in US on Student visa, where he has completed his Masters in Project management. He applied for below course
"Program Status: Full-Time
Program of Study:
Computer Application Security (1476)
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate (Post- Graduate)
Campus: Waterloo Campus
Program Length:
1 Academic Year(s) (Periods Of 8 Months)"
Also, he has applied for EE and in pool now.
Do you think they have refused him because he has his profile in EE too ?
Any clues on what to fix before re-applying?
Thanks

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Order GCMS notes to pinpoint the exact reason. Perhaps his motivation to immigrate through EE was a contributing factor.

Reactions: Khanasma

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It is evident to the visa officer that your intent is likely to immigrate, and not to study temporarily. You need to show ties to your home country and the relevance of the course to your future prospects there. This will be difficult given your status in the US and the fact that you already have a master's degree. A post-graduate certificate adds nothing to your profile.

Reactions: azzamkc

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Did he get AIP?

Hi,
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."
He is currently in US on Student visa, where he has completed his Masters in Project management. He applied for below course
Program of Study:
Program Length:
Thanks

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
Hi,
Program of Study:
Program Length:
Thanks
There are many people who have active profiles in EE and have been issued AIP, so this cannot be a problem. You must apply for notes immediately.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are many people who have active profiles in EE and have been issued AIP, so this cannot be a problem. You must apply for notes immediately.
Yes it can be a problem. If one of the requirements is that you show that you plan on returning home an EE applications shows your desire to remain in Canada. In this case I assume that the extra course not making sense and not leading to career advancement is likely the reason. After doing a masters in the US it would make much more sense to go and work versus study a post grad college diploma.

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Yes it can be a problem. If one of the requirements is that you show that you plan on returning home an EE applications shows your desire to remain in Canada. In this case I assume that the extra course not making sense and not leading to career advancement is likely the reason. After doing a masters in the US it would make much more sense to go and work versus study a post grad college diploma.
No its not an issue. Its called dual intent and it is very legal and very valid. You can apply for EE and study permit at same time. The idea is to convince the VO you will abide by terms of your temporary stay if you are not given PR by the end of your program.
I imagine his course choice played a much bigger part in refusal here

Reactions: Tete

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
No it can be justified through proper well written SOP that explains dual intention because many already have talked about it earlier in this forum too.