+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejected. Need help reviewing my case.

Vinaybg94

Feb 14, 2023
Hi Folks,

Below is my rejection reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

Below is my SOP used for first application. Please let me know your suggestions on changes to make on my re-application.

Introduction
I am xxx, an Indian citizen residing in the city of Bengaluru, Karnataka. My father is a retired chief
engineer from xxx and my mother is a retired professor and practitioner of dentistry from xxx, who is now working as a middle school science teacher at xxx School. As the only child of my parents, I have been fortunate to receive their unconditional love and affection
throughout my life. My family has always supported me in my decisions, and I am honored to have their blessing for
me to pursue my studies in Canada. After careful consideration and a thorough evaluation of my goals and aspirations,
I have decided to pursue a post-graduate program in Business Analytics and Insights. I believe that upon completion,
the program would truly accelerate my growth and help me achieve my future objectives.

English Language Proficiency
My IELTS Examination scores are active from the 22nd of October 2022, and 7.5 is my overall band score.
(L- 8.5 | R- 7.0 | W- 7.0 | S - 7.5)

Professional Background
Upon returning to India after completion of my M.B.A., I secured the role of Client Services Manager. Associate at
xxx in May 2018. xxx deals with making the internet faster with the help of its robust
software and hardware setup. The role was a perfect fit for me as it enabled me to implement all that I had studied
earlier. I became the primary point of contact for all business needs of my 40+ North American-based customers. My
initial responsibilities were to cater to all customer business requirements and facilitate smooth transactions of work
between my customers and multiple internal teams to ensure that their needs were taken care of. I had exposure to
all facets of a business such as contract management, billing, opportunity/sales management, and most importantly
data management. I was introduced to data analysis and inference, and I had an important role in gathering and parsing
my customer’s data for their business decisions. This piqued my interest as I was always fascinated by how data can
be translated into everyday business decisions. I would help build robust utilization dashboards, correlating to their
contractual commitments with xxx. I was subsequently promoted from the Associate role to Client Services
Manager, which brought along with-it additional responsibilities. I managed 60+ high-revenue North American media
customers and am a key player in their internal account team. I worked with Technical Project Managers, Solution
Architects, and other technical teams to deliver well-rounded solutions to my customers. I built data architecture for
my customers which was leveraged for important world events such as the U.S Presidential Elections in 2020, Beijing
Winter Olympics in 2022, and FIFA World Cup in 2022. I have also initiated reporting activities for the upcoming IPL
cricket tournament scheduled in a couple of months. This has enabled me to frequently work with C-Level executives,
which has exposed me to managerial decision-making. Apart from providing business support for my customers I also
headed an internal organization-wide manual invoice review project which aimed at working with sales, contract
groups, and account managers to facilitate a seamless process of manually invoicing 300+ customers on a monthly
basis. After almost 5 years of working in the corporate world, I have decided to narrow down my focus on Business
Analytics. Having in-depth domain knowledge will propel my career forward and help me bridge my knowledge gap. I
wish to get formally educated in topics such as Data Acquisition and Management, Python programming, and so on.
As I have experienced in the past, investing time in an international degree will help me get a strong foothold in my
future corporate roles.

Why Business Analytics & Insights- Canadian Context?
I believe that Business Analytics is a field that provides organizations with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
With the high volume of data being generated by businesses and the advancement of technology, it is becoming
increasingly important for organizations to be able to analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions. By
studying Business Analytics, I hope to gain advanced skills to collect, process, and analyzing large amounts of data.
Additionally, the demand for Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Customer Success Managers are growing by the
day. Focusing my education on data management will be beneficial for me in gaining such lucrative opportunities.
Business Analytics & Insights program with a Canadian context can provide me with a unique perspective on how datadriven
decision-making is applied in a Canadian business environment. It can help me understand specific challenges
and opportunities that businesses in Canada face and how they are using analytics to overcome these challenges. Since
I already have a fair idea of how the economic and social structure of the U.S.A works, to better work with customers
from the North American region, holistic information on the entire geography will help me immensely.

Why Canada?
Apart from the logical thought of studying in a country whose customers (such as OpenText, Blackberry, and CGI Inc.)
I have worked with in the past, studying Business Analytics in Canada has several advantages. Canadian colleges have
a reputation for providing high-quality education and are consistently ranked among the best in the world. By studying
at one such institution, I hope to reap its benefits.
Canada being home to many leading companies in various industries that rely heavily on data-driven decision-making,
studying business analytics in Canada will allow me to gain real-world experience which I can bring back and implement
in my future roles. My competitive advantage will surely increase as being a student of the country and seeing things
at the ground level will put me way ahead of the learning curve with my future peers. Moreover, Canada is a safe
country with friendly living conditions and a multicultural learning environment, which would make my stay
comfortable.

Why Centennial College (Progress Campus)?
Choosing a college is one of the most crucial steps when deciding to pursue higher education for anyone. I carried out
thorough research on colleges for months together. My main requirement from a college was a course structure that
met my requirements. This along with reviews from its alumni was a driving factor for me to choose Centennial College
(Progress Campus). I had the opportunity to speak with the program coordinator as well at
length, on how best the course structure would benefit my learning needs. The location of the college was also very
important, Centennial college is well connected to all parts of the city via a robust transit system. Another important
factor was the affordability of college fees. Centennial college fits nicely into my budget and lets me make the most of
the money I will be spending on education. Added to this, Centennial boasts an incredible infrastructure that caters to
the overall development of its students which I am looking forward to utilizing.

What are my plans for the future?
Upon completion of my course in Business Analytics & Insights, I will be returning to India and resume my career. I
believe my previous corporate experience, coupled with my strong academic foundation will help me secure Team-
Lead positions as Business Analyst, Operations Analyst, Customer Success Manager, and so on. My goal would be to
eventually take up managerial roles in quick succession. Akamai would be my first target as I already have established
networks. Other companies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, Cloudflare, Rackspace, and so on which are
CDN-based companies where I will already have domain knowledge would be my targets.
A hugely important factor for me to return to India would be my parents. They are already in their 60s, and me being
their only child will wholeheartedly take up the responsibility to care for them in their old age. The bond with my
parents has always been strong, and I look forward to spending quality time with them in their old age, providing them
with all the comforts they desire.

Conclusion
My desire for knowledge stems from my parents, who are strong believers in knowledge being the key to our ambitions
in life. This is a testament well encapsulated by my mother’s motivation to teach young children, past her professional
retirement. My only desire is to make them proud and do the same for my future generation.
I do not have any gap year between my previous education and work experience. I will conclude my tenure with my
current employer by the end of January 2023, post which I will spend some time brushing up on topics of study before
my course commencement in May 2023. Having already been an international student in past, I am cognizant of my
roles and responsibilities as a student and aim to make the most out of my opportunity. I would like to conclude by
requesting you to grant me this opportunity to study in Canada. I have attached all the necessary documents for your
review. Please let me know if there are any additional documents or certificates required. Thank you for your time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. So you have a MBA and a good job so taking a course at a college in Canada makes no sense. You need to show education and career progression (higher pay/promotion) to justify costs. Your SOP shows that you have much work experience and so many possible job contacts so college program is not necessary to further your career. Consider a Masters.

For your SOP, talking about your parents is irrelevant (Their jobs, support, age etc.). Your parents are not a tie. Your “Why Canada” and “Why centennial” are weak. How will studying in Canada really help you. Safe/multi cultural/transportation system/affordability not relevant.

Vinaybg94

Feb 14, 2023
Thanks for the inputs @Naturgrl. My intake is in May 23, might not have enough time to order and wait for GCMS notes.
Any tips on how to address IRCC's grievances?
Considering a second masters is not something I intend on doing as I already have one masters degree. The course and it's structure perfectly fits my needs, and hence choose the college route.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Thanks for the inputs @Naturgrl. My intake is in May 23, might not have enough time to order and wait for GCMS notes.
Considering a second masters is not something I intend on doing as I already have one masters degree. The course and it's structure perfectly fits my needs, and hence choose the college route.
Refused cases get their notes in time. If you want to stay stick with college and really need to address the VO grievances then GCMS is the only best possible solution. Also if the course is a best fit why not choosing it in a public University (if available).

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to really explain why you must go to Centennial College and not an Ontario university for business analytics. Why is a college program so much better? Transportation is not a reason. Alumni reviews - do you know them, did they have a MBA and got a better job? You really need to compare the Centennial program to a university program to state why the college program is better. Just because you don’t want to take a Masters is not a reason. You need to show education progression and to do that you need to state why better than university. Explain what other programs you considered and why Centennial.

Your whole “Why Canada” doesn’t really give any substantial reasons. Again how doesn't Centennial give you “real-world experience” that universities do not. Saying Centennial is world class is not really true versus U of Toronto, York or Queens.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi Vinay

If your college program is of Canadian context and you intend to come back to India, you need to explain how will studying something of Canadian relevance be useful back home.

Good Luck with your application

Amrindermaan

Dec 19, 2022
Hi…my qualifications are 10th class with 88.4% and 12th class in ARTS stream with 91.6%.
IELTS overall bands 7.5 bands
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.0
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6.5
I got three refusals…reason is Purpose of your visit in not consistent… for the first two refusal my intake was winter in Red deer polytechnic college and course was legal assistant.
And the latest refusal was for may intake course was teacher assistant in Portage college. Please help @Naturgrl

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi…my qualifications are 10th class with 88.4% and 12th class in ARTS stream with 91.6%.
IELTS overall bands 7.5 bands
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.0
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6.5
I got three refusals…reason is Purpose of your visit in not consistent… for the first two refusal my intake was winter in Red deer polytechnic college and course was legal assistant.
And the latest refusal was for may intake course was teacher assistant in Portage college. Please help @Naturgrl
Applying to a Legal Assistant and then a Teacher assistant is very confusing. Not sure how you are explaining logical progression
What are you showing as a career path & home ties?

Ideally you should look for a undergraduate program and explain a career pathway for you in your home country once you graduate.

Both course choices are just flawed in my opinion

Choose the right program and reapply. Good Luck

Amrindermaan

Dec 19, 2022
Applying to a Legal Assistant and then a Teacher assistant is very confusing. Not sure how you are explaining logical progression
What are you showing as a career path & home ties?

Ideally you should look for a undergraduate program and explain a career pathway for you in your home country once you graduate.

Both course choices are just flawed in my opinion

Choose the right program and reapply. Good Luck
It was because i was informed that legal assistant is not related to my studies so thats why i changed it to teacher assisstant which is surely related to all of my subjects i studied in 12

Amrindermaan

Dec 19, 2022
It was because i was informed that legal assistant is not related to my studies so thats why i changed it to teacher assisstant which is surely related to all of my subjects i studied in 12
And for the career pathway i showed i will work and also look to establish a private tutoring institute in future and some more researched data on teacher assistant scope

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And for the career pathway i showed i will work and also look to establish a private tutoring institute in future and some more researched data on teacher assistant scope
Career pathway makes no sense if wanting to establish a private tutoring institute. That would be either a business or teacher program. If you don't have undergrad then suggest taking undergrad in home country or come to Canada and attend university.

Amrindermaan

Dec 19, 2022
@Naturgrl
Hi my adress in passport is:-House no. XXXXX Guru gobind Singh nagar , (city)
But on GIC certificate they shortened it to H.No. Xxxxx. Gobind Singh Nagar , (city)
Can this be a problem?