+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa refused

Saif87

Jan 4, 2022
Dear Members

Hope this finds you well,

unfortunately, my visa get rejected the reason they didn't believe I'm leaving Canada after my study is finished.

I have submitted that I have a home in my home country and land, a bank statement with good cash in it and still it gets rejected

I applied with my wife and kids and the cash in the statement was way more than what they required in the conditions,

My acceptance was in Conestoga College Information Technology Infrastructure

I don't know what I should do now, should I apply again?

thanks in advance for your support and help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Members

unfortunately, my visa get rejected the reason they didn't believe I'm leaving Canada after my study is finished.

I have submitted that I have a home in my home country and land, a bank statement with good cash in it and still it gets rejected

I applied with my wife and kids and the cash in the statement was way more than what they required in the conditions,

Order GCMS notes. What were full reasons for refusal? What is your full profile - education, age, current career, funds. Age of children. What did you state for career advancement to justify costs?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Members

It looks like you applied for a diploma when you already have a bachelor degree. Is that correct? If so, this progression of studies doesn't make sense and you need to be applying to study at the post graduate diploma level in Canada at a minimum.

How much did you show for proof of funds to cover four people?

What ties to your home country did you show?

Saif87

Jan 4, 2022
It looks like you applied for a diploma when you already have a bachelor degree. Is that correct? If so, this progression of studies doesn't make sense and you need to be applying to study at the post graduate diploma level in Canada at a minimum.

How much did you show for proof of funds to cover four people?

What ties to your home country did you show?
thanks for the feedback, Yes I have a bachelor's degree and I applied for post graduate diploma.

I showed more than 100k Canadian dollars to four people including me.

the ties in my home country home and a land

Saif87

Jan 4, 2022
Order GCMS notes. What were full reasons for refusal? What is your full profile - education, age, current career, funds. Age of children. What did you state for career advancement to justify costs?
I read a lot of posts said GCMS notes I'm searching now how to do it.

Profile:
Education: Bachelor in Computer Science
Current career: Network Engineer
Fund: 100k Canadian Dollars
Children: 5 years and 3 years
I said I need to develop my knowledge and get foreign experience to develop my home town

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for the feedback, Yes I have a bachelor's degree and I applied for post graduate diploma.

I showed more than 100k Canadian dollars to four people including me.

the ties in my home country home and a land
Order your GCMS notes to see the detailed refusal reasons. It's a bit hard to comment further without knowing your full profile. There could be several different things that concerned the visa officer. Ordering your notes is the next best step.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I read a lot of posts said GCMS notes I'm searching now how to do it.

Profile:
Education: Bachelor in Computer Science
Current career: Network Engineer
Fund: 100k Canadian Dollars
Children: 5 years and 3 years
I said I need to develop my knowledge and get foreign experience to develop my home town
- What is your home country? Are you living there or elsewhere?
- Do you have previous travel to countries requiring visas?

Saif87

Jan 4, 2022
- What is your home country? Are you living there or elsewhere?
- Do you have previous travel to countries requiring visas?
I live in Saudi Arabia and my home country is Sudan. Yes I traveled to multi countries before not only in GCC.

I will check GCMS note and see what is the reasons

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I live in Saudi Arabia and my home country is Sudan. Yes I traveled to multi countries before not only in GCC.

I will check GCMS note and see what is the reasons

thanks
Ah - then that's going to be a big part of your problem. It's much more difficult to be approved if you are living in a country where you only have temporary residency. Refusals in this situation are quite common unfortunately. If you want to reapply and bring your family, I would very strongly recommend that you opt for a Master's at a top university. You need to significantly strengthen your profile.

For travel history, IRCC is looking for countries like the US, UK, Europe, etc.

Seiran098

Jul 17, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Riyadh
App. Filed.......
05-07-2022
Dear Members

Hello,

sorry to hear of your rejection, hopefully you will get it the next time.

I am in a quiet similar situation like you, applying from Saudi where I live with my family.

Would you mind sharing your application process timeline? When did you apply and when have you received the decision?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your applications screams immigration not genuine student. IRCC is aware that you can’t get citizenship in KSA and you are unlikely wanting to return in Sudan permanently. Your choice of programs and returning to school in general at the point in your career and with a family makes little sense especially for a college degree. I assume you may be the sole breadwinner for your family. Having you return to school versus working and exhaust a large portion of your savings makes little sense. Have you looked into express entry (economic immigration program)?

Saif87

Jan 4, 2022
Your applications screams immigration not genuine student. IRCC is aware that you can’t get citizenship in KSA and you are unlikely wanting to return in Sudan permanently. Your choice of programs and returning to school in general at the point in your career and with a family makes little sense especially for a college degree. I assume you may be the sole breadwinner for your family. Having you return to school versus working and exhaust a large portion of your savings makes little sense. Have you looked into express entry (economic immigration program)?
Yes I think they think that too, I'm working on a lot of options not only a student visa.