+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused Feb 2017 ( Indian National residing in U.A.E)

Rishab12

Feb 6, 2017
Dear Friends,

I had applied for Study permit to pursue MBA ( 1 year) in a good business school in Canada. I am Indian national but residing and working in U.A.E for 7 years.I have around 10 years of work experience and I have a decent job in U.A.E. I have very good GMAT score my IELTS score is 8.5. I had included all my educational and work experience documents.
I had proved sufficient funds and attached my property details ,my bank statements and fixed deposits. Moreover, I had attached support letter of my parents who are well settled in India.In addition I had also included my salary slips and a letter from HR confirming my employment in U.A.E. I am still employed. My younger brother is Canadian PR and employed with good firm.

I had applied online and mentioned in form that I am applying from India. However, I was notified of refusal letter from UAE Canadian Embassy – I believe New Delhi transferred my case to UAE since I am residing here.

I believe I was able to satisfy visa officer on key aspects , however my visa was refused with below reasons ONLY.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. family ties in Canada and in country of residence
2. purpose of visit
3. current employment situation

I will appreciate if you can guide me on how to address my concerns. Please note again my country of residence is U.A.E and I am Indian national.

Rishab12

Feb 6, 2017
Rishab12 said:
Dear Friends,

I had applied for Study permit to pursue MBA ( 1 year) in a good business school in Canada. I am Indian national but residing and working in U.A.E for 7 years.I have around 10 years of work experience and I have a decent job in U.A.E. I have very good GMAT score my IELTS score is 8.5. I had included all my educational and work experience documents.
I had proved sufficient funds and attached my property details ,my bank statements and fixed deposits. Moreover, I had attached support letter of my parents who are well settled in India.In addition I had also included my salary slips and a letter from HR confirming my employment in U.A.E. I am still employed. My younger brother is Canadian PR and employed with good firm.

I had applied online and mentioned in form that I am applying from India. However, I was notified of refusal letter from UAE Canadian Embassy – I believe New Delhi transferred my case to UAE since I am residing here.

I believe I was able to satisfy visa officer on key aspects , however my visa was refused with below reasons ONLY.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this

2. purpose of visit

I will appreciate if you can guide me on how to address my concerns. Please note again my country of residence is U.A.E and I am Indian national.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
Rishab12 said:
Dear Friends,

2. purpose of visit

Hey,

Get the CAIPS notes to understand the exact details of refusal.

Rishab12

Feb 6, 2017
Thank you. I applied second time online for my student visa, my Wife's TRV and daughter's TRV on Feb-14,9 days after first application rejection.
Only changes with respect to first applications were that I changed my Wife's OWP to TRV in second application, and of course added response to refusal reason in SOP. This morning I have received requests for original passport submission for all three of us..
I fervently hope this is a positive sign..

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
Rishab12 said:
Thank you. I applied second time online for my student visa, my Wife's TRV and daughter's TRV on Feb-14,9 days after first application rejection.
Only changes with respect to first applications were that I changed my Wife's OWP to TRV in second application, and of course added response to refusal reason in SOP. This morning I have received requests for original passport submission for all three of us..
Hey,

If they have asked for passport submission , we can assume that that you case is approved. Lets hope for positive results !!!

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Rishab12 said:
Congrats! You made it!

Could you please elaborate your response to previous refusal in second SOP. That will help us immensely. Several applicants get rejected as they have relatives/spouse in Canada. You are the first successful candidate I know to overcome the hurdle!

907howard

May 21, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore VFC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
Med's Done....
28th Jan 2017
Hi @Rishabh,

Even I want to know what is the result for 2nd time filing for student visa, i got rejection in first attempt itslef, in general category paper based

Rishab12

Feb 6, 2017
Visa is approved .. every case is unique but for every study application it is important to showcase yourself as genuine student , with plans aligned to career goals.. there is no generic solution to getting a visa after refusal, try to address refusal reasons with good response and supporting evidence. Also written English should be impeccable.

May 22, 2021
Hi @Rishab12

seeking help. I have a similar case,

- Indian working abroad
- Brother PR holder in Canada

can you please guide how you replied to these concerns to have an idea and use as a base for my case.

regards