+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa refused at Nairobi Office :(

sadMind

May 15, 2013
Hey all,

Canadian Immigration refused my Study Permit today. These are the reasons;

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulation for the reason explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

Pursuant to Section 219 and 220 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, I am not satisfied that you;
1. have sufficient and available financial resource, with out working in Canada, to pay your tuition fees for the course program.

You haven't satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay; In search this decision, I consider several factors, including;
2. Your travel history
3. Your family ties to Canada and your country of residence

My sponsor who is a family friend showed them enough money for all, I did some from my account too. I don't know what travel history means. I do have brother and a sister but, there is nothing I can do about that.

I am very worried please anybody help me what I should do Huh Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. It seems your family 'friend' was covering a majority of the expenses. This is a red flag for the visa officer (VO). Why should a friend spend a fortune to send you to school in Canada and cover all your expenses? If it was say your parents it would be more logical/ understandable.

2. The VO is basically saying you won't return after you finish your course. This is somewhat more unusual as depending on the course of study you are undertaking you can apply for work permits and eventually permanent residence i.e dual intent.

The lack of travel history means you haven't been to a country with similar living standards to Canada (e.g. USA, GB, Aus) and returned home after your visit which shows you are a bona fide traveller/ visitor. The reference to family means you don't have enough ties to compel you to return home read a spouse and children. Other ties include assets and a solid job that will say give you a period of study leave.

Your age will also be a factor...a 24 year old is statistically more likely to overstay in Canada than a 65 year old....

Ask yourself if the financial outlay of your course is in keeping with your education to date, job opportunities in the chosen field back home and the financial circumstances of you/ your sponsor...the VO may have also doubted the source of income and its reliability.

To get the actual reasons for visa refusal get your CAIPS notes/ FOSS records - go to the CIC website it will give you details. If you can overcome this then re-apply. Else look into a local reputable university/ college or try South Africa - Wits in Joburg and University of Cape Town are solid.

sadMind

May 15, 2013
Msafiri said:
1. It seems your family 'friend' was covering a majority of the expenses. This is a red flag for the visa officer (VO). Why should a friend spend a fortune to send you to school in Canada and cover all your expenses? If it was say your parents it would be more logical/ understandable.

2. The VO is basically saying you won't return after you finish your course. This is somewhat more unusual as depending on the course of study you are undertaking you can apply for work permits and eventually permanent residence i.e dual intent.

The lack of travel history means you haven't been to a country with similar living standards to Canada (e.g. USA, GB, Aus) and returned home after your visit which shows you are a bona fide traveller/ visitor. The reference to family means you don't have enough ties to compel you to return home read a spouse and children. Other ties include assets and a solid job that will say give you a period of study leave.

Your age will also be a factor...a 24 year old is statistically more likely to overstay in Canada than a 65 year old....

Ask yourself if the financial outlay of your course is in keeping with your education to date, job opportunities in the chosen field back home and the financial circumstances of you/ your sponsor...the VO may have also doubted the source of income and its reliability.

To get the actual reasons for visa refusal get your CAIPS notes/ FOSS records - go to the CIC website it will give you details. If you can overcome this then re-apply. Else look into a local reputable university/ college or try South Africa - Wits in Joburg and University of Cape Town are solid.
Thanks for noting out some of my mistakes. Let me give you some picture about my application:

I did have a wife and I said she will accompany me. My sponsor wrote a letter saying we will cover my tuition, living expenses, health insurance, air ticket. Also, for my wife's living expenses. As you said this might have create a doubt in the Visa Officer. I did show them I have CAD 16,000 on my saving as asset and a small shop. Unfortunately, I could not get job offer to include on my application.

I have decided to make some changes now;

1. - For financial, I will ask my uncle to be my sponsor only for my tuition and living expenses.
or
- Ask my sponsor to deposit the money he pledged on my account.
- And I decide to pay a semester fee and include a proof in my application. I will be covering my health insurance and ticket.
- Unfortunately, my parents can not be my sponsor, even if they can they will be asked for source of income.

2. - As of ties, I re-apply with out my wife so that she can be a family tie.
- I will try to get job offer or a letter from my office.
- I will show that we have a small shop.
- Write a very strong Study Plan

These are the changes I am thinking. I have to re-apply after 10 days, and any idea will be very helpful. Thanks you

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
from the visa website it states that you must show a bank statement that can allow to pay your tuition fees for one year, and then atleast $10000 for yourself, something like expenses for one year. so tuition fees plus the 10000, if you fall below that then you need to be careful

Reactions: Alele