+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refusal !!!

Faiekhaq

Nov 9, 2011
Hello,

This is Faiek Haque from North South University,Dhaka Bangladesh.I have completed 74 credit and applied three universities in Canada,namely Memorial,Regina and Saskatchewan for credit transfer purpose .Hopefully within December I will get some reply from them as I have contacted with them and they are agree to receive my credit in some extend but they need time for evaluation.But my main concern is here Financial matter regarding visa process As I want to clarify that my principal sponsor will be my mother and she will show fixed deposit which is "SONCHOYPOTRO" which was bought through post office and which transition happens through government bank.She will also around 24 lac BDT and additional 6 lac BDT in account.My second sponsor will be my elder sister who is unmarried and works as a lecture in a goverment funded college,she will show around 15 lac BDT in Share market.My third sponsor will be my brother in law who is also my cousin(Husband of my other sister) and he can show that he can sponsor me without any problem in his family life such as education and life expenses for his children and his family as he has vast amount of property,but he will show around 30-40 lac in share market addition to these I can also show that we are paying installment for two properties in Dhaka and also my brother in law.Please clarify me that how I can show these all resources in a valid way,I would like to mention that ,my brother in law has trade license and other business related stuff for showing.I want to know that:

(1)Is these all mentioned above will be good enough for financial statement ? Please clarify me in this issue .

(2)As my sponsors are my mother,as my father is no more,and my secondary sponsor are my sister and brother in law,will these be okay?I want to inform you that I am the only person in my family who is studying so my mother has only me to carry out the expenses for.

(3)Many people say that a CA firm evaluation is almost necessary for getting study permit in Canada.Can you say me how could I do that with all the resources I mentioned above and can you please give me addresses where this can be done ?

(4)Is SOP(Statement of Purpose) will be needed for visa ?

(5) Can you please send me sample financial documents as I am promising I am not going to disclose that in-front of any one else and will only use as sample for preparation.My email is Faiekhaq @ gmail.com .

I would be very helpful if someone come out with my answer and help me to obtain a student visa as I want to study in Canada.

Regards,
Faiek haque
NSU,EECS
Dhaka,Bangladesh
Faiekhaq @ gmail.com

Rubenic

Aug 2, 2010
rhasan said:
Hello dipon_22,

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I applied to VFS on 24th May (2 days before you) and on 7th, I got my medical exam call.

About your refusal conditions, I can guess where the problems were.

1. About the country tie:
This is the major problem where the applications get rejected and hence it should be taken care of with proper documents. The main thing that you have missed is you did not show the properties. You can show your property by doing a property evaluation from a CA firm (will charge your around 2 to 3k and may take around a day or two). Properties show the strongest tie! And since you will be taking your wife, so the tie needs to be even more solid since people usually leave their wife back to show the country tie but that is not your case. Besides property, you have to show work experience and if possible some sort of affiliation or sabbatical. And I suggest that you attach a Study Plan (not more than 2 pages) concentrating on the matters given below:

<> Why going to Canada for higher study?
<> Why that university?
<> Why not any university over having similar degree/course?
<> How this degree can help you?
<> You plan after the study?
<> Why will you come back? (Try to say that you have properties, you have your parents over here, you have your in-laws over here and you plan to work here, you will return even if you get opportunity for further education,etc)

So, for country tie, the following documents are required:
<> Property evaluation (by CA firm)
<> Work experience letter/affiliation letter/sabbatical
<> Study plan

Now about the financial factor:
People say that you have to show at least a year worth of money for all the expenses. But it is always better to show that you have enough fund for the WHOLE study! Here is a general breakdown of cost:

<> Tuition/year = $15000
<> Living/year = $10000
<> Spouse/year = $4000
<> Misc/year (book, pocket money, travel, air ticket) = depends on how much you want to show but I suggest you show at least $3-5k

So in total, you per year costing will be AT LEAST $32,000-34,000

So, over the two years, it will be around $70,000.

Now, as far as I can see, you have multiple sponsors from here and abroad. First of all, you can't include the more than one name in a affidavit other than your father and mother in one affidavit. So, for each sponsor, you will need SIGNED and NOTARIZED affidavit from that person (if he is from abroad, he needs to send you the notarized affidavit from there). I hope I have cleared you in this case.

About the money, since you will be needing 70k, so obviously you will have to show such amount of money from the sponsor that it will prove that they will be able to provide you the fund AND SUSTAIN THEIR FAMILY AT THE SAME TIME TOO. The bold sentence is the place where many people miss. Like if they need $70k, they show that $70k is there for them and gets rejected since VO doesn't have the proof that the family back here will have money to sustain themselves too. Like for example, your mama is earning 85k/year. Obviously, more than 50% of the income is going to the family (+30% canadian tax). So when showing the money, you have to keep in mind NOT TO SHOW THE EXACT AMOUNT REQUIRED but ENOUGH TO CONVINCE VO THAT THE SPONSOR AND HIS FAMILY WILL BE ABLE TO SUSTAIN THEMSELVES.

About the bond/share, I am not sure because I have shown FDRs only (almost double of the expenditure) + my father's continuous income so that VO is convinced that my expense + my family expense can be sustained.

So the rule of thumb is show much more than the expenditure.

Well, I have tried to explain as much as possible from my part. If you have any more question, do feel free to write back. Hope I have cleared your queries and best of luck with the reapplication. Inshallah you will get it this time :)
I must confess, this is really an eye opner for me. I however have a question.
How do i prove my country ties? Im a fresh graduate (graduated 2009)...concluded my compulsory one national service early this year (mandatory for all Nigeria graduates) and i am not married.
thank for your response!

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Its better to show a sponsor from your country not from Canada.

backup

Aug 13, 2013
Canada Student Visa

Hi,
I have read all your message here and the reply as well. Brother, may i know about your present situation. I am worried to submit my visa papers to vfs canada, Thanks

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS,Global Karachi,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
i am applying for visa in three days i have acceptance from ryerson university i am gona pay my expensess by myself my parents have given me a good amount of of money but i want to know that how would i satisfy the visa officer i will leave canada after my studies and i have sufficent funds in my bank account and much amount of money i should have in my bank account and how much time the student visa take... i have 83% in my studies what should i need to do to get a sucssesful visa

karthik4151

Apr 26, 2014
dipon_22 said:
thank you Rasel bro for the quick reply ...

I didn't show any of my property. I am confused how would I submit my property documents.by affidavit or property evaluation?

I own a flat which is inherited from my Father and a car bought with my savings.I have no bank Balance

Here is the list submitted with my application

-Acceptance Letter from Lakehead University(Master of Computer Science) -- No scholarship

-Experience certificate (Previous & current)

-Sponsorship from my Maternal Uncle resides in Canada (Citizen of Canada) with all necessary documents - Fun was available CAD 15k

-Sponsorship from my Brother-In Law with all necessary docs - fun was available CAD 80 K (60 K was Bond maintaining from last 10 years+20 k is in Stock Maintaining from last 3 yeas), Employment Certificate, IT papers, Notary affidavit

Ooh I applied with my wife, was it disadvantage?

What can be Improved ?

My mama who is living in Canada is working in the biggest telecom company of CANADA, his yearly Income is CAD 85 k ... He showed all his supporting documents .

Now he can deposit more money to bank and show it once again? what is the minimum amount i Should show? my 1 year tuition fees is CAD 15 k and other fees CAD 10 K .

Please suggest me what can I do now?
hi how much tuition fee deposit did you paid before applying for visa. I am applying for same university. thank you

tultull

Jul 9, 2014
Hello there,
I am a bangladeshi student residing in Canada for last 5 years and have been refused twice and left with a choice to re-apply for TRV and study permit. Here is why CIC has refused me, Please advise me what i have to do:

My Initial Study permit was extended until January 30, 2014(attachment 5: Study Permit Jpeg). I applied for my Study Permit extension on November 19,2013 (Attach 1: Application of Study Permit). I have been taking Courses on Distance learning for last 1.5 years from Toronto, Canada.

My Study permit application has been refused due to a missing documents from Memorial university and unable to provide :
1. Type of Course of Study or Program You are registered for
2. The start Date and the expected Completion Date and
3. Whether the program is full-time or part time studies.

CIC issued me the refusal letter March 25th and advised me that my temporary resident Status expired on 25 March 2014. And I may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of my Temporary Resident Status.

After that i talked to Memorial University and have gathered every single necessary documents and re-applied for restoration of my status and study permit extenstion on 22nd April, 2014 (attachment 5924-2954-5) through a lawyer. In the mean time i was registered for Winter Semester and was writing my final exam. Once they have told me that i cannot work and studies during restoration period, i have stopped working and have deferred all my final exams as of today to comply with the law. I have been waiting for their final decision for over 3 months, sitting in my house and praying to God for a positive answer so that i can finish my courses and exam and literally to get my life back in shape.

However, after waiting 3 months, on July 2, 2014 (attachment 4: Decision Letter Restoration) , CIC notified me that my application for Restoration of My temporary Resident Status and Study permit as requested is refused. The main reason is for taking courses on distance. This is what CIC have told me in the letter " In my case , you are engaged in Distance Learning Courses that do not require you to physicaly in Canada to study and that you have not satisfied an officer you are a genuine Temporary resident, therefore you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored. Since you no longer hold Temporary Resident Status in Canada, you application for a study permit is also refused and asked me to leave Canada Immediately. I was heart broken and shocked because i was not expecting such harsh decision in my case. i have been following the rules and regulation of Canada and have been taking courses on Full time and Part time basis and living in Canada over 6 years. I have only 6 courses left to finish my Bachelor Degree from Memorial University and all of a sudden, this harsh decision has changed my life.

I have 2 choices left after the final decision, one is to go for Judicial Review and 2nd is to re-apply. I thought of going for Judicial Review, but it would be lengthy and Costly and Chances are slim. But Since i have very less time to live in Canada, i have considered to go back home and re-apply for my student visa.

GMzz

Aug 22, 2014
Hy
i am from pakistan I applied study visa to canada three months ago and canadian embassy send me refusal
My Study permit application has been refused due to pursuant section 219 i am not satisfied thay you have sufficient and available financial resources to pay you tuition fees
2 have sufficient and available financial resources without working in canada to main tain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during you proposed period of study
3 you have not satisfied me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay i considered several factors
1 your travel history
your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
i only have attached my brothers bank statement who was sponsoring me and they send me refusal
This time i am attaching my father property documents and property valuation certificate which is almost 114 million Rs and factory documents and leasing agriment and my own property documents which is 50 million RS and and last six month bank statement of 5 million rs of my father who is sponsoring me this time would it help me getting the visa this time?? reply soon

faisal636

Oct 2, 2014
hi
my visa is refused my CiC london and gave bullshit reasons
1- imigration status ( as i have spouse visa in uk till 2016)
2- purpose of visit ( as i attached acceptance letter from mohwk college canada)
3- travel history ( as about 9 moth ago i visited my home country )

any body please guide me what i need to do as my class will be start in start of january 2015 and they refused me today....

vickeymemon

Oct 22, 2014
I have query. Can a uncle can sponser my education or can provide financial proof on behalf of me. If yes, then can any one tell me that what documents i would need to show to embassy to proof that he is my unlce and he will support me and what documents my uncle should give me to submit to embassy as a proof.?
And if any one have format of affidavit related to this topic kindly send me on email. chatterpak@hotmail.com.
thanks in advance,
regards,
Muhammad waqas

sameer786313

Mar 31, 2015
I am from pakistan . I ve applied for January 2015 intake on oct 2014 and got refusal on november 18 2014 stated the reason of refusal
purpose of visit
Personal assets and financial status

I reapplied for may session 2015 on 8th Jaunuary 2015 .Then i highlighted my purpose of visit is solely study and mentioned i have struggled alot for taking an admission . while on second reason i highlighted that my personal assets are all my parents assets that i gave them sponsership affidavit of my parents . and again got refusal on 30th March 2015 , now this time vo stated the reason only purpose of visit .

My Profile is

BBA with 2.79 CGPA completed in december 2013
IELTS 6 overall only listening 5,5
Finance 33,000 Can$ + half tuition fees with all supporting documents
Sponsered by Parents and brother living together in pakistan
No travel outside pakistan
Applied for Postgraduate 1 year Diploma program in Business administration from North Island College
Employment of 14K

Now i have applied for CAIPS notes and waiting for it but still i am unable to understand the meaning of "Purpose of visit" as i have been accepted from College and paid half tuition fees as well but the problem is where?

Can somebody help me that whether i would have to reapply or not ? or change my institute or program any sugesstions you people may have

Olivaraise

Oct 12, 2017
Hi can my mothers cousin sponsor my studies in Canada as my guardian since i cant show proof that hé is my mother cousin
Please suffer to read because of my keyboard système thanks