+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refusal, Can You Please Help Me?

dustyding

Apr 18, 2021
gcms note Here's the link to view my GCMS note, I am not sure what's 'possible concerns around establishment in home country' meaning?

Also I attached my study plan below, can you please give me any critique? Thanks!

Dear visa officer,

To facilitate the visa application process, here I’d like to elaborate my background, the reason to study Computer Programmer at XXX College in Canada, my overall educational goal, financial support and career objective.

Objective
To pursue a College Diploma in Computer Programmer in Canada.

Background
My name is XXX I was born in XXX, I’ve completed high school education in June 2020 and look forward to post secondary education in computer field.

The reason to study Computer Programmer at XXX College in Canada
It had aroused my great interest in computer when I was a primary school student. I get all the knowledge I'm interested in through computers and Internet, which largely enriched and enhanced my understanding of the world. In addition, I also used my spare time to learn some basic programming, how to set up a website, and etc. The process was fantastic, which made my desire to devote myself into the computer industry become much deeper.

The reason I choose Canada as my study destination largely because of my uncle who was studying computer in Canada many years ago and now a successful owner of a tech company in XXX. From his highly recommendation, I know Canada is able to offer international students the first-class education resources with lower expense and Canada is a peaceful, civilized and safe country. It is a good chance to receive high quality education and experience diverse cultures. Meanwhile learning in a totally new environment to broaden my horizon is very attractive to me, as it will raise new challenges for me to conquer. An job applicant who holds Canadian diploma which is not exam-oriented but quality-oriented is much more competitive in XXX labor market. It was no surprise when I chose Computer Programmer without hesitation as major at XXX College, which is the one of the best college located at XXX.

Overall Educational Goal
I have achieved excellent academic performance in XXX, which makes the basic foundations for my future study in XXX College. Anyway, first step of my plan is to overcome the language barrier and adjust myself into the new environment, including new teaching methods, cultural differences and enhancing mutual understanding between the XXX and other peoples. In addition, the most important thing is to learn the courses of Computer Programmer to improve my academic ability. I hope I can use limited time to acquire more advanced skills, methodologies and the professional knowledge related to my major.

Financial Support
My parents have sufficient funds to support my study in Canada. They are definitely willing and able to afford my education and it will not influence the future life of our family since they both have enough saving, decent jobs and stable incomes. My father is XXX and my mother is XXX with a total annual income of more than CAD 100,000.

Return to XXX and Career Objective
Studying abroad will provide me with opportunities to learn advanced knowledge and a better future. After the completion of my study abroad, I will return to XXX to serve my motherland. With the economic globalization, the computer and internet company of XXX such as XXX plays a more important role in international stage, which leads to a greater demand in XXX labor market on professionals that equipped with the advanced knowledge on computer industry, as well as the excellent communication skills in English. With the unique study experience abroad and great effort, I confidently believe that I will have a successful and productive career in the computer industry in XXX future. My uncle also promised me, once I complete my study, he will offer me a position in his tech company in XXX.

Based on my own experience and strong study motive, please trust me that I have the ability to study in Canada. I really hope that you will approve my application and issue a student visa for me to study in Canada.

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
T
gcms note Here's the link to view my GCMS note, I am not sure what's 'possible concerns around establishment in home country' meaning?

Also I attached my study plan below, can you please give me any critique? Thanks!

Dear visa officer,

To facilitate the visa application process, here I’d like to elaborate my background, the reason to study Computer Programmer at XXX College in Canada, my overall educational goal, financial support and career objective.

Objective

Background
My name is XXX I was born in XXX, I’ve completed high school education in June 2020 and look forward to post secondary education in computer field.

It had aroused my great interest in computer when I was a primary school student. I get all the knowledge I'm interested in through computers and Internet, which largely enriched and enhanced my understanding of the world. In addition, I also used my spare time to learn some basic programming, how to set up a website, and etc. The process was fantastic, which made my desire to devote myself into the computer industry become much deeper.

The reason I choose Canada as my study destination largely because of my uncle who was studying computer in Canada many years ago and now a successful owner of a tech company in XXX. From his highly recommendation, I know Canada is able to offer international students the first-class education resources with lower expense and Canada is a peaceful, civilized and safe country. It is a good chance to receive high quality education and experience diverse cultures. Meanwhile learning in a totally new environment to broaden my horizon is very attractive to me, as it will raise new challenges for me to conquer. An job applicant who holds Canadian diploma which is not exam-oriented but quality-oriented is much more competitive in XXX labor market. It was no surprise when I chose Computer Programmer without hesitation as major at XXX College, which is the one of the best college located at XXX.

Overall Educational Goal
I have achieved excellent academic performance in XXX, which makes the basic foundations for my future study in XXX College. Anyway, first step of my plan is to overcome the language barrier and adjust myself into the new environment, including new teaching methods, cultural differences and enhancing mutual understanding between the XXX and other peoples. In addition, the most important thing is to learn the courses of Computer Programmer to improve my academic ability. I hope I can use limited time to acquire more advanced skills, methodologies and the professional knowledge related to my major.

Financial Support
My parents have sufficient funds to support my study in Canada. They are definitely willing and able to afford my education and it will not influence the future life of our family since they both have enough saving, decent jobs and stable incomes. My father is XXX and my mother is XXX with a total annual income of more than CAD 100,000.

Studying abroad will provide me with opportunities to learn advanced knowledge and a better future. After the completion of my study abroad, I will return to XXX to serve my motherland. With the economic globalization, the computer and internet company of XXX such as XXX plays a more important role in international stage, which leads to a greater demand in XXX labor market on professionals that equipped with the advanced knowledge on computer industry, as well as the excellent communication skills in English. With the unique study experience abroad and great effort, I confidently believe that I will have a successful and productive career in the computer industry in XXX future. My uncle also promised me, once I complete my study, he will offer me a position in his tech company in XXX.

Based on my own experience and strong study motive, please trust me that I have the ability to study in Canada. I really hope that you will approve my application and issue a student visa for me to study in Canada.
The GCMS notes clearly indicate that you couldn’t explain properly why you need to spend so much money on education further hence it’s not a reasonable expense. Also your SOP isn’t the strongest, very generically formed. You need to explain the ROI very strongly.

dustyding

Apr 18, 2021
T

The GCMS notes clearly indicate that you couldn’t explain properly why you need to spend so much money on education further hence it’s not a reasonable expense. Also your SOP isn’t the strongest, very generically formed. You need to explain the ROI very strongly.
Thanks for your kind reply. The tution of two years is around 30,000 CAD, and the living cost is roughly 30,000 CAD for two years. So I provided a total 60,000 CAD proof of funds. So should I proved a larger number?

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Thanks for your kind reply. The tution of two years is around 30,000 CAD, and the living cost is roughly 30,000 CAD for two years. So I provided a total 60,000 CAD proof of funds. So should I proved a larger number?
The reasonable expense here doesn’t necessarily mean affordability so increasing funds won’t do much until you explain mor articulately why you want to study further and what you will do with that education. Your SOP seems generic and not very personal (I don’t mean write your life story). But an SOP needs to be unique and the experiences, education, motivation should feel like it’s specifically written for you. Your SOP seems like a template. Also your sop lacks some really important points like “what research you did to derive upon studying in Canada and why the specific program” etc.
write it again in a flow:
  • About you (education, experience)
  • Purpose of studying further (motivation, career progression, your SOP
  • What research you did regarding programs in your country before deciding foreign education
  • Why this program
  • Future plans after the program
  • Why Canada
  • Hometies
  • Funds
Also try showing some assets in your parents name through a CA certificate showing financial soundness. Also a job offer and the whole uncle offering job is something VOs don’t buy anymore unless your company is financing your education which then becomes a home tie (obligation).
Good luck.

Reactions: altctrdelighted

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Also you need to give your complete profile for better answers from people here.
your previous education and the program you are pursuing etc.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I agree with VO that your study plan is poorly documented. It is not convincing and it's very poorly written. Did you get someone to review it for you before submission? You mentioned that you'd first master the language (which is English) - does this mean you don't yet have command of the language? How would you then learn in English? Did you submit an English proficiency test?

Because your uncle studied "computer" in Canada is not at all a convincing reason to spend so much money for a college education.

I'd also like to see the responses to the question asked above by @dogmom.

Reactions: dogmom

dustyding

Apr 18, 2021
Also you need to give your complete profile for better answers from people here.
your previous education and the program you are pursuing etc.
Thank you so much! Last July, I graduated from high school in an Asian country where I was born and grew up. The reason why I applied for Seneca college in computer programmer field because I know its one of the best college in Canada, that means I can get a high level education. And if I can get a diploma or degree from Canada, when returning to my country, i will be much more competitive than others. And the starting salary as a software developer in my country is not low, it can be around 60,000 CAD per year, so its worth to invest my education in Canada

dustyding

Apr 18, 2021
I agree with VO that your study plan is poorly documented. It is not convincing and it's very poorly written. Did you get someone to review it for you before submission? You mentioned that you'd first master the language (which is English) - does this mean you don't yet have command of the language? How would you then learn in English? Did you submit an English proficiency test?

Because your uncle studied "computer" in Canada is not at all a convincing reason to spend so much money for a college education.

Thanks for your answer! It's my bad. I didnt get anyone to review SOP before submission. I just got Duolingo test with 90 scores, which is equivalent to 5.5 in EILTS. So thats not qualified for SDS so I didnt submit any English test. I will attend EOI courses at Seneca.

I replied to dogmom, please let me know if there's anything else I can provide!

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020

Dear visa officer,

Objective

Background

Overall Educational Goal

Financial Support

i have exact notes in my gcms 2019 nothing changes. I write different SOO and change my course. I applied on may 14th still waiting

dustyding

Apr 18, 2021

Hi, do you have additional comments?

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
May I ask where do you come from? There are only several countries that has SDS. Probably you are in the same country as me so I can provide you some regional advises.

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020

Dear visa officer,
Hello have you been able to make significant change and got Visa please

Objective

Background

Overall Educational Goal

Financial Support

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Thank you so much! Last July, I graduated from high school in an Asian country where I was born and grew up. The reason why I applied for Seneca college in computer programmer field because I know its one of the best college in Canada, that means I can get a high level education. And if I can get a diploma or degree from Canada, when returning to my country, i will be much more competitive than others. And the starting salary as a software developer in my country is not low, it can be around 60,000 CAD per year, so its worth to invest my education in Canada
Seneca is not "one of the best college in Canada". No wonder the VO refuse your visa, you're not even doing any research on your SOP, just copy and paste from the internet.

Your SOP is not well written either, it's very generic and vague and doesn't address anything.

'possible concerns around establishment in home country' means your ties to your home country is weak and the VO is wondering why you need to spend so much money to go all the way to Canada. And not convinced by your generic SOP that you are a genuine student and will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020

Dear visa officer,

Objective

Background

Overall Educational Goal

Financial Support

Have you cover the teasons in GCMS notes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seneca is not "one of the best college in Canada". No wonder the VO refuse your visa, you're not even doing any research on your SOP, just copy and paste from the internet.

Your SOP is not well written either, it's very generic and vague and doesn't address anything.

'possible concerns around establishment in home country' means your ties to your home country is weak and the VO is wondering why you need to spend so much money to go all the way to Canada. And not convinced by your generic SOP that you are a genuine student and will leave Canada at the end of your stay.
Seneca is actually one of the better colleges in Canada. Maybe are grouping together colleges and universities which shouldn’t be grouped together.