+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Re-Apply

anand1105

Feb 23, 2022
Post completing my MBA from India, and having a work experience of 2 years in India, I got accepted into GBC for a post graduation diploma program in HRM. However, my visa was refused on the grounds that "chosen program and course content at college level appears to be illogical. And the proposed program does not adequately demonstrate a logical progression of studies."

Based on the same, I do understand that the refusal is on account of subject selection.

If I were to re-apply selecting a different course (in-line with my background and history), what are the chances of the visa getting approved when you re-apply for a second time?

All thoughts and opinions are welcomed :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post completing my MBA from India, and having a work experience of 2 years in India, I got accepted into GBC for a post graduation diploma program in HRM. However, my visa was refused on the grounds that "chosen program and course content at college level appears to be illogical. And the proposed program does not adequately demonstrate a logical progression of studies."

Based on the same, I do understand that the refusal is on account of subject selection.

If I were to re-apply selecting a different course (in-line with my background and history), what are the chances of the visa getting approved when you re-apply for a second time?

All thoughts and opinions are welcomed :)
If you change to a school and program that makes more sense in light of your previous education and work experience, then approval is certainly possible. Best option would be a Master's (e.g. HRM Master's). Make sure whatever school you pick is a public school. Stay away from all private schools.

anand1105

Feb 23, 2022
If you change to a school and program that makes more sense in light of your previous education and work experience, then approval is certainly possible. Best option would be a Master's (e.g. HRM Master's). Make sure whatever school you pick is a public school. Stay away from all private schools.
Thank you :)
What do you mean you say public schools ? Which ones are you referring to? And should one stay away from the private ones?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you :)
What do you mean you say public schools ? Which ones are you referring to? And should one stay away from the private ones?
Public universities and colleges are good. Public means government funded.

Private universities and colleges are bad. Bad education. Bad reputation with employers. Harder to get a study permit approved. And in some cases you also won't qualify for a PGWP.

When you are looking at schools, make sure you confirm if they are private or public. This is very easy to determine through google.

Reactions: wonderbly