+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa, please help

manjeet.rani

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Hello Everyone

My brother got study visa refusal in 2013 under General category because his course was not relevant.Now he has completed 2 years Lab Technician diploma and wants to apply for study visa again.He was told that since he applied under General Catagory at the first time he cannot apply under SSP program.He has to apply under General Catagory only. One immigration consultant suggested him to apply for university only.I am Permanant Resident of Canada , can I hire a immigration lawyer in Canada for his study visa.Someone told him not to mention that his sister is in Canada as office will think he has family tie in Canada ( does it matter?) . I am confused about his options now, please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Failing to mention he has a sister in Canada is misrepresentation (lying in his application) and will result in a refusal and a 5 year ban from Canada.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
He has to apply under general because rejected applicants cannot apply under SPP. Please do not hide that you are in Canada. When you came to Canada, I am sure you added your parents and sibling's names on family info form. CIC will anyhow trace it. There are so many people who get visa even if there siblings are PR in Canada. Hiring a lawyer is up to you but they can't get him visa. It all depends on your brother's background.[/QUOTE]

N

newtoexpressentry

in general never misrepresent if not caught now it can be caught during work permit, PR application or citizenship application. It best to disclose everything and hope for the best. Your brother should write SOP which emphasizes his diploma that he did and how he improved this grades if he did so.