+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa permit refusal, maya el khansa

madochka

Aug 9, 2014
Dear All,

I am a Lebanese young woman who applied for a Diploma in HR management in Edmonton, i received confirmation from macewan university upon which i presented my visa, the process alone took 6 month of hard follow up and papre work.
The situation in the middle east is terrible, thus i was exploiting new chances of increasing my income and widening my degrees, and well known to the word canadian diplomas and certificates are highly recommended if you intend to find work in the bay or gulf area the salary increases if not doubles if you have a degree from Canada. My sister lives in Qatar i have tried appliying there but they needed more credentials, therefor i took the courage to invest my savings in this step and my brother backed me up financialy too.
my family is well established here, i inherate an appartment in beirut area wowrth 140,000 $ and one in the mountain worth around 150,000 USD. I have no intention of leaving my family for good cause my mom is 63 and my dad is 68 and i am the only single daughter left in the house.
the reason behind the refusal was that the officer saw that i had no reason to come back after i finish my degree (family ties+ i have a canadian cousin), my reason for stay is not valid, all that before even interviewing me, they never gave me a chance to defend my stand, there is nowhere on the application that allows you to state what you have waiting for you here or maybe i missed it, why would i denie that i have a canadian cousin wouldn't that be contradicting to being truthful in the application, for the sake of God he is 4 years younger than i am, i have practically raised him , haven't seen him in 10 years, and he is in montreal which happens to be 7 hours flight from edmonton where i choose, wouldn't that have to be different if i wanted to get in contact with him, shouldn't i have choosen somewhere nearer, i choose a province that needs english for study though i am frensh educated, cause i studied accounting in english and i didn't want to shift into frensh it would be harder. my acceptance letter is there how can it be not proof enough to the officer that didn't give me even the chance to ask and reply.
my classes starts on the second of Sep which doens't allow me enough time to apply again, i received my refusal two days ago. i lost 25% of my end of service cause i had to withdraw it before 20 years of work are accomplished, and i already resigned from my job cause i needed to give them probation so that they would pay me. How can i defend myself, the goverment says appeal for federal court, it has to go to court? aren't there any reconsiderations? i will if i have to cause it seems the officer doesn't know what it takes to raise money to study there specially where i come from, any advices for me, can someone lead me on the forms that we have to fill to appeal?

Arathi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-7-2014
IELTS Request
6-6-2013
File Transfer...
23-7-2014
Med's Done....
Before 3 mnths
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
less hope..still hoping
LANDED..........
I think its not gonna happen
That was a nyc move..just u r unlucky...no comments :'(

bis_86

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
file caips with CIC

it requires 40 dollar

they will exactly tell you why it has been refused .

try applying again after reviewing ,may be you can include a strong SOP to increase ur chances

k.m.elzeiny1995

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
abu Dhabi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi maya ,

i am so sorry to hear that you been refused . however , you don't need to withdraw from the university . you need to do the following steps :

1) get help from a Canadian lawyer , they will tell you exactly what you need to do

2) contact the university and postpone your application to january intake

3) you will need to write a very strong study plan . you need to show the Canadian officer that you will leave Canada after you finish your studies .

4) try to find prospective job ( company want you after finishing your studies )

5) don't lose hope , many people been refused for 3 - 5 times and they got the visa at the end

i hope these will help you

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

madochka said:
Dear All,

I am a Lebanese young woman who applied for a Diploma in HR management in Edmonton, i received confirmation from macewan university upon which i presented my visa, the process alone took 6 month of hard follow up and papre work.
The situation in the middle east is terrible, thus i was exploiting new chances of increasing my income and widening my degrees, and well known to the word canadian diplomas and certificates are highly recommended if you intend to find work in the bay or gulf area the salary increases if not doubles if you have a degree from Canada. My sister lives in Qatar i have tried appliying there but they needed more credentials, therefor i took the courage to invest my savings in this step and my brother backed me up financialy too.
my family is well established here, i inherate an appartment in beirut area wowrth 140,000 $ and one in the mountain worth around 150,000 USD. I have no intention of leaving my family for good cause my mom is 63 and my dad is 68 and i am the only single daughter left in the house.
the reason behind the refusal was that the officer saw that i had no reason to come back after i finish my degree (family ties+ i have a canadian cousin), my reason for stay is not valid, all that before even interviewing me, they never gave me a chance to defend my stand, there is nowhere on the application that allows you to state what you have waiting for you here or maybe i missed it, why would i denie that i have a canadian cousin wouldn't that be contradicting to being truthful in the application, for the sake of God he is 4 years younger than i am, i have practically raised him , haven't seen him in 10 years, and he is in montreal which happens to be 7 hours flight from edmonton where i choose, wouldn't that have to be different if i wanted to get in contact with him, shouldn't i have choosen somewhere nearer, i choose a province that needs english for study though i am frensh educated, cause i studied accounting in english and i didn't want to shift into frensh it would be harder. my acceptance letter is there how can it be not proof enough to the officer that didn't give me even the chance to ask and reply.
my classes starts on the second of Sep which doens't allow me enough time to apply again, i received my refusal two days ago. i lost 25% of my end of service cause i had to withdraw it before 20 years of work are accomplished, and i already resigned from my job cause i needed to give them probation so that they would pay me. How can i defend myself, the goverment says appeal for federal court, it has to go to court? aren't there any reconsiderations? i will if i have to cause it seems the officer doesn't know what it takes to raise money to study there specially where i come from, any advices for me, can someone lead me on the forms that we have to fill to appeal?

Only one thing I noticed that looks relevant to me: 'Diploma in HR management'. Do you think if 'Diploma in HR management' (a cakewalk admission) is enough to prove that you are a genuine student.