+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa next best step

sassymeg

Feb 22, 2011
My boyfriend had a student visa that was expiring a month before his school was officially over, so we sent out a student visa extention. We finally got word back that his student visa is now good until september 2012 0.0 His schooling is now over though. He wants to stay in canada and become a permanent resident. However the paper work takes a long time for that. In the mean time with a student visa he is technically only suppose to work on campus. In order to pay the rent etc he needs to have a job :s

I need opinions on what the best course of action should be now.

Thank you in advance

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
sassymeg said:
My boyfriend had a student visa that was expiring a month before his school was officially over, so we sent out a student visa extention. We finally got word back that his student visa is now good until september 2012 0.0 His schooling is now over though. He wants to stay in canada and become a permanent resident. However the paper work takes a long time for that. In the mean time with a student visa he is technically only suppose to work on campus. In order to pay the rent etc he needs to have a job :s

I need opinions on what the best course of action should be now.

Thank you in advance
You mentioned his schooling is over, that means he has spent atleast 6 months in Canada right?
If yes, what kind of programme has he finished?
He can apply for a PGWP or a normal work permit.