+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa - Insufficient Funds - Rejection

mshafisatthar

Jun 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I applied for my visa on the 25th of June and got a response within 12 hours stating that

• I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I have paid the first semester fee of CAD 8600. I had CAD 25000 in the bank fixed deposit account. My brother who is the sponsor has 2 businesses. FInancial statements were provided for both. They have shown a good income for the period of 6 months.

What can I do to fix this? Would paying the entire fee for 1st year result positive? Anyone else who has had the similar response and had got a better reply after resubmitting?

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I applied for my visa on the 25th of June and got a response within 12 hours stating that

• I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I have paid the first semester fee of CAD 8600. I had CAD 25000 in the bank fixed deposit account. My brother who is the sponsor has 2 businesses. FInancial statements were provided for both. They have shown a good income for the period of 6 months.

What can I do to fix this? Would paying the entire fee for 1st year result positive? Anyone else who has had the similar response and had got a better reply after resubmitting?
where do u apply ,as canada is not giving results and yes u had paid only 1 st semester fee, and where s gic ? that s not enough only showing,if u land in canada ur bro can withdraw whole money easily ,,this is not gonna work

mshafisatthar

Jun 26, 2020
where do u apply ,as canada is not giving results and yes u had paid only 1 st semester fee, and where s gic ? that s not enough only showing,if u land in canada ur bro can withdraw whole money easily ,,this is not gonna work
I applied to Mohawk College from Sri Lanka. If I pay for college the whole 1st year tuition, is there any chances?

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
it is under my own brother's name. He is acting as my sponsor.
I see. Paying for the whole semester doesn't guarantee 100% approval. Ppl get approved paying for 1st semester only or nothing at all for master's programs. There is nothing wrong for ur bro to be ur sponsor since it is understandable you are a fresh graduate and havent yet had a work experience and ur own savings. Was your SOP was all clear and logical?

mshafisatthar

Jun 26, 2020
I see. Paying for the whole semester doesn't guarantee 100% approval. Ppl get approved paying for 1st semester only or nothing at all for master's programs. There is nothing wrong for ur bro to be ur sponsor since it is understandable you are a fresh graduate and havent yet had a work experience and ur own savings. Was your SOP was all clear and logical?
Yes, this is my family business and I have stated that I am gaining education to come back and improve the family business. I have 5 years work experience.
There was only one point in my rejection letter and that was about the financials.
What options do I have since my country doesn't have GIC?

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Yes, this is my family business and I have stated that I am gaining education to come back and improve the family business. I have 5 years work experience.
There was only one point in my rejection letter and that was about the financials.
What options do I have since my country doesn't have GIC?
You worked for 5 years and have no own savings. That could be a reason for the refusal as i see. I might be wrong tho in my conclusion. You must work on this part. Try entrepreneur immigration maybe?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

You need more money. You have insufficient funds tolive in Canada.

You have not proven that you can support yourself. A business is not a proof of funds

mshafisatthar

Jun 26, 2020
You need more money. You have insufficient funds tolive in Canada.

You have not proven that you can support yourself. A business is not a proof of funds
Approximately how much money should I show and is there any other possible way I can show funds except for assets?
I am thinking of reapplying by showing more funds.