+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa from U.A.E

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi guys

Anyone applied for student permit from U.A.E?
Any idea how long does the processing take? Does it actually take 8 weeks?
Do share your timeline

Zainab_kaps

May 9, 2019
Hi
I applied for my study permit on 9th april and 2 weeks later I got the request for my passport and another week later I had my passport stamped with visa. It really depends on when you apply for the visa. I applied in April which is considered early and there is less rush but I am assuming that you applied in May and it is the recommended time to apply for visa. It also depends on how your application is presented. Alot of factor like tuition fees, marks, eligibility, sop and how accurate your information is determines your visa processing time.

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi
I applied for my study permit on 9th april and 2 weeks later I got the request for my passport and another week later I had my passport stamped with visa. It really depends on when you apply for the visa. I applied in April which is considered early and there is less rush but I am assuming that you applied in May and it is the recommended time to apply for visa. It also depends on how your application is presented. Alot of factor like tuition fees, marks, eligibility, sop and how accurate your information is determines your visa processing time.

Hey so did u apply online or by paper??

Plus I didnt see any requirement of marks? Did I miss something??:$

Thank u for replying :D

Zainab_kaps

May 9, 2019
I applied through paper application at vfs dubai. There is no set requirement for marks but your marks should be adquate in the program you have joined. For example if you score passing marks in bio and have applied for bio tech then they will scrutinise your eligibility. That's what I meant when I said about marks. Also they consider that your peevious study is related to the program you are going to study. For example if you are a science students and apply for a commerce program then that will also require consideration.
Of course what I have said above is a possibility and even if you don't meet above requirements they might still decide to grant you a visa for any other merits in your profile.

Reactions: Nad 83

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi
Hey can you please share your profile? did you do upfront medicals? your intake and uni/college? thanks

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I applied through paper application at vfs dubai. There is no set requirement for marks but your marks should be adquate in the program you have joined. For example if you score passing marks in bio and have applied for bio tech then they will scrutinise your eligibility. That's what I meant when I said about marks. Also they consider that your peevious study is related to the program you are going to study. For example if you are a science students and apply for a commerce program then that will also require consideration.
Of course what I have said above is a possibility and even if you don't meet above requirements they might still decide to grant you a visa for any other merits in your profile.
Ohh alright alright i get it now. Thanks a bunch ☺☺

Zainab_kaps

May 9, 2019
Hey can you please share your profile? did you do upfront medicals? your intake and uni/college? thanks
Sorry I din get the profile part can you please elaborate.
No I didn't have to give a medical it is not required for UAE residents.
I am going to join Georgian College for sept 2019 intake.

Reactions: Nad 83

gozdecik35

Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone, I am living in UAE-Dubai now and I am from Turkey. I have applied for Humber College advertising and marketing communications ( September 2019 intake ). This is my time line and still patiently waiting , the processing time takes approx. 8 weeks. Fingers crossed xx
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: April 29, 2019
IMM5767 Repeat Collection Biometrics Letter April 25, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter April 11, 2019
Submission Confirmation April 10, 2019
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission April 9, 2019

Szee

Jun 20, 2019
Hello everyone, I am living in UAE-Dubai now and I am from Turkey. I have applied for Humber College advertising and marketing communications ( September 2019 intake ). This is my time line and still patiently waiting , the processing time takes approx. 8 weeks. Fingers crossed xx
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: April 29, 2019
IMM5767 Repeat Collection Biometrics Letter April 25, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter April 11, 2019
Submission Confirmation April 10, 2019
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission April 9, 2019
Hi any update? did you get your visa?
I applied on 10 May and still waiting for the decision.

gozdecik35

Feb 14, 2019
Hi any update? did you get your visa?
I applied on 10 May and still waiting for the decision.
Hello, they refused me on the 9th of april and still waiting for atip results to be able to reapply again more than 30 days unfortunately. what about you?