Student Visa from Pakistan Online application

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
Hi everyone! I have received a scholarship from York University worth 28000 CAD per year (ina 4 year degree) and am now looking to apply via the Online Appliction route.
I have a few queries in this regard.
Firstly I would like to know that how is one supposed to submit the passport for stamping of visa given that they choose to apply via the onlie method.
Secondly I would like to know the average tme fora decision to be made in cases similar to mine. I am a Pakistani by the way.
Thirdly the total annual expense as estimated by the university isa bout 32700 CAD, so keepng this an my scholarship in view how much bank statement am I supposed to have. I would also add that I intend to take part time work to supplement to my scholarhip.
Thank you! A quick reply would be much appreciated.

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
mohsinis said:
Hi everyone! I have received a scholarship from York University worth 28000 CAD per year (ina 4 year degree) and am now looking to apply via the Online Appliction route.
I have a few queries in this regard.
Firstly I would like to know that how is one supposed to submit the passport for stamping of visa given that they choose to apply via the onlie method.
Secondly I would like to know the average tme fora decision to be made in cases similar to mine. I am a Pakistani by the way.
Thirdly the total annual expense as estimated by the university isa bout 32700 CAD, so keepng this an my scholarship in view how much bank statement am I supposed to have. I would also add that I intend to take part time work to supplement to my scholarhip.
Thank you! A quick reply would be much appreciated.
You should show around one year of tuition and expenses even if you have scholarship. Don't forget to attached any property evaluation documents and affidavit of support if your parents bank statement is used. Both are necessary even if you have scholarship.

As far as passport is concerned, once you apply online you go to VAC to give biometrics. Then medical request comes in a few day. After you complete your medical another request is sent to submit passport at VAC. Then email comes in that Study permit is issued. Finally an email comes in that the passport has been returned at VAC. In total you will visit VAC thrice if you apply online.

If you apply through paper you submit all documents, biometrics and passport together. You get medical through email. You get approval email. Then once your passport is returned you go to VAC to collect it. So only two trips to VAC.

Processing times of online is less if you look at older cases and you get to keep the passport with you most of the time. Also you remain more updated in the online process as more frequent updates come your way during the whole process.

I hope this helps and Best of luck Mohsin.

P.S: Don't forget to email me your visa application date and any further updates for the sheet.

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
Bro apply paper base dnt go for online , you can see spread sheet online guys are waiting for two months to get their medical calls :/ anyways goodluck bro and keep us posted abt the developement