+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa for the AEC degree in Quebec

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
I would like to apply to a college in the Montreal that offers 1-year duration of the AEC degree in the web and mobile app development. It includes evening classes of 27 hours/ week for 6 months and in the end, 6 months duration of co-op internship in the local industry. I wrote an email to the college and they provided positive assessment for the admission.

Currently, I work in Finland and already have an MSc degree from a good European school. The mentioned program fits my needs to switch in the web/mobile development and the possibility to get training in the local industry is very interesting. Besides, I learn French for a year now and can practice in Montreal.

People keep telling me that I'm 33 years old, already have MSc degree and working for few years in the industry and hence, the Canadian embassy will not issue a student visa to me.

Is this correct?

Besides, if I get rejected for the student visa this time and later, get accepted in more appropriated educational institutes (e.g University ), will I be able to file the student visa application for the second time without an effect of the previous application?