+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for someone with multiple Visitor Visas and a refusal HELP

AnnaItalia

Mar 27, 2020
Hello,

my case is a bit unusual but I am seeking some advice and opinions.

4 years ago I met a Canadian. We became good friends and very quickly - a couple. I visited him for 3 months in Canada. He then returned with me to Europe (Poland) where he stayed with me for a bit over half year. Then using visitor visa I entered Canada and I reapplied for extension twice. Then together with my bf I left to Poland for my Sister's wedding a year ago. I was in Poland for 2.5 weeks then I came back to Canada. Once again using Visitor Visa that I was granted at the border. In November I applied for extension of Visitor Visa and I was denied in early February (got a refusal letter).

My bf was talking with me for quite some time about the sponsorship, so that's why I was dragging my stay using Visitor Visa. Unfortunately, he left me soon after I got my refusal. I left Canada within 10 days after getting the answer from immigration office.

In the past I switched from Law to IT. I never completed my IT program, because I left to Canada. I've been itching to finally get my diploma by studying at NBCC (hopefully in Moncton where I used to live). Unfortunately all seats in IT in Moncton are unavailable, but there is a program in Saint Andrews, NB that would allow me to do the second year in Moncton.

Now I am in Poland. I got a job contract and I put together the money for college.

I am 27 years old so I am extremely concerned about not moving forward with personal development. I also fell in love with Canada and the programs at NBCC just match all my expectations.

Question: how do you judge my chances of getting student visa? What can I do to improve my chances? Does it make sense to wait a year?

I am aware my situation is a bit confusing, so if there is more questions I can answer let me know!

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Hello Annaltalia,

I apologize for the delayed response!

Life is about decisions and ultimately only you know the clear picture, your current situation (financial as well as social) as well as your ambitions and how eager you are to start your life in Canada.

For the question about getting a student visa - it should not be a problem. I believe IRCC did not find the reason for another extension of a visitor visa to be genuine and hence - got denied. If you are having all your documents intact and the course you are taking is matching your background and future plans, this should not be a problem at all. To improve your chances, I recommend precisely describing the reason you were not able to complete the course by adding a letter of explanation in your student visa application.

You can reach out to us for specific guidance and we will be happy to guide you without any fees.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

my case is a bit unusual but I am seeking some advice and opinions.

4 years ago I met a Canadian. We became good friends and very quickly - a couple. I visited him for 3 months in Canada. He then returned with me to Europe (Poland) where he stayed with me for a bit over half year. Then using visitor visa I entered Canada and I reapplied for extension twice. Then together with my bf I left to Poland for my Sister's wedding a year ago. I was in Poland for 2.5 weeks then I came back to Canada. Once again using Visitor Visa that I was granted at the border. In November I applied for extension of Visitor Visa and I was denied in early February (got a refusal letter).

My bf was talking with me for quite some time about the sponsorship, so that's why I was dragging my stay using Visitor Visa. Unfortunately, he left me soon after I got my refusal. I left Canada within 10 days after getting the answer from immigration office.

In the past I switched from Law to IT. I never completed my IT program, because I left to Canada. I've been itching to finally get my diploma by studying at NBCC (hopefully in Moncton where I used to live). Unfortunately all seats in IT in Moncton are unavailable, but there is a program in Saint Andrews, NB that would allow me to do the second year in Moncton.

Now I am in Poland. I got a job contract and I put together the money for college.

I am 27 years old so I am extremely concerned about not moving forward with personal development. I also fell in love with Canada and the programs at NBCC just match all my expectations.

Question: how do you judge my chances of getting student visa? What can I do to improve my chances? Does it make sense to wait a year?

I am aware my situation is a bit confusing, so if there is more questions I can answer let me know!
No confusion. Your extension was refused because you were essentially living in Canada as a visitor for several years. This is only tolerated up to a point.

You could apply now but given how long you have been living in Canada, your chances would be better if you establish strong ties in your country again.