+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for September 2020 intake

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
If you're applyig visa under SDS [Student Direct Stream], then you have to first full certain criterias
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

I am from India, and to apply under SDS [Student Direct Stream] I had to
1. Pay 1 YEAR tuition fees.
2. Get GIC of CAD 10,000. ( bank charges some fee so it's really CAD10150 or CAD10200 )
3. Have IELTS Score of no less than 6 in each band.

In case your Visa is rejected, the you can ask for refund form your college(fees), and from the Bank (GIC).
Conditions for refund, and the amount that is refunded may vary from college to college, and bank to bank, so you'll have to see their respective websites for details.

For humber college, you can check their refund polcy here: https://international.humber.ca/study-at-humber/application-process/refund-information.html
I see what you mean as there is SDS available for certain countries.. Not applicable in my case

Sanyamkhullar

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Not SDS..just normal student visa..
In my opinion getting study permit through SDS is easy and probability of approval is higher. In NON SDS you need to show very strong Financial History of you as well as your parents, apart from that you need strong ties with your home country. (As per my research)

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
In my opinion getting study permit through SDS is easy and probability of approval is higher. In NON SDS you need to show very strong Financial History of you as well as your parents, apart from that you need strong ties with your home country. (As per my research)
SDS doesnt apply in my case just different country

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
i have applied on 27 Feb
bio 2rd march
medical passes and review of eligibility stared 3rd march .
today i applied to collage to differ for September intake

Bijothomas87

May 20, 2020
Medical examination is only carried out in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, india which is under extended lockdown, what other options do we have for medical examination in Gujarat India
Im in the same boat. Please call me 9962460529.

everyjuan

Dec 18, 2019
I got a new passport and I have a valid student visa stamp in my old passport. Can I still travel to Canada using my valid student visa stamp in my old passport? It will be my first time to travel to Canada, provided that I will bring my old and new passport, travel exemption(Approved before March 18), Letter of Acceptance, Letter from school that my program is blended(on-line and in-class). Planning to travel to Canada 3rd Week of August.

OmarShafey

Apr 19, 2020
I got the conditional offer letter but I haven't taken student visa, so as things are getting late is there any chance to extend the deadline for September intake (KPU) to submit visa.
Have you received any reply yet about your visa application? What is the approximate time they needed to get back to you? Please advise i have been waiting for 6 weeks now and the application status is still in progress.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Have you received any reply yet about your visa application? What is the approximate time they needed to get back to you? Please advise i have been waiting for 6 weeks now and the application status is still in progress.
answered to u in other thread to same question