+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for September 2020 intake

Sanyamkhullar

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
here is what they put there https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

Proof of financial support
You must prove that you can support yourself, and the family members who come with you, while you are in Canada.
You can prove your funds with
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you've transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student or education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past 4 months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program

honestly underlined doesn't make sense
This is the checklist if you want to apply under SDS.
10K CAD in your GIC Account transferred from your account in your home country.
1 Year Fees Paid in Full before applying. (Though Housing Fees isnt necessary)
And Upfront Medical.
If your visa gets refused you will get the money, credit back in your account.

nikita5890

Apr 29, 2019
Hello !
I have paid my tuition fee and I have for my biometrics done as I have visitors visa for Canada but regarding medical can I submitt the visa application online and get medical done later or I will have to wait till lockdown is over ? Iam for sept Intake
Please suggest

nikita5890

Apr 29, 2019
H
Heyy?
I applied for study permit on 11th april thru SDS.
my intake is for september 2020 in humber college.
anyone here who applied on the same date?
hello!
How did you get the medical clearness done during lockdown ?
can I submitt online application and get medical done later ? I have my biometrics already as I have visitors visa
Please suggest
I’m for sept intake

Singhdaman

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
H

hello!
can I submitt online application and get medical done later ? I have my biometrics already as I have visitors visa
Please suggest
I’m for sept intake
Hey you have to wait untill lockdown finishes you have to get your medical cleared before applying for visa
Also, i am done with every thing but my consultant are saying we will apply after lockdown

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is the checklist if you want to apply under SDS.
10K CAD in your GIC Account transferred from your account in your home country.
1 Year Fees Paid in Full before applying. (Though Housing Fees isnt necessary)
And Upfront Medical.
If your visa gets refused you will get the money, credit back in your account.
tuition fees for first semester needs to be paid?

Sofiyahans

Apr 18, 2020
Hello friends,
I have applied paid my college fees along with GIC. Now in Gujarat, India we are observing complete lockdown of 21 days. Most likely it will be extended.

I have got my seat confirmation email from canandian college but now I worry that should I start my student visa process online for September 2020 intake given this situation I don't think I can go for any medical exam nor travel to Ahmedabad where I biometric data is to be given.

Any one with similar situation or who are going to Canada on student visa SEP 2020 intake, please guide me and others as to should they start their visa process or defer the admission having paid for one year college tuition fees and GIC already

Thanks
Contact please 6239120391

riserbruh

Jan 12, 2020
tuition fees for first semester needs to be paid?
No, for 1st year in full.
Do check the number of semesters in a year for your program from your college's website.
For some programs, an year would be 2 semesters, and for some it would be 3 semesters (Do correct me if I am wrong)
For example, humber programs fee for one year
https://international.humber.ca/study-at-humber/application-process/fees.html (Insurance cost is missing here)

Here you can see that some programs lists 3rd sem fee too.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012

riserbruh

Jan 12, 2020
and what will happen if visa rejects?
If you're applyig visa under SDS [Student Direct Stream], then you have to first full certain criterias
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

I am from India, and to apply under SDS [Student Direct Stream] I had to
1. Pay 1 YEAR tuition fees.
2. Get GIC of CAD 10,000. ( bank charges some fee so it's really CAD10150 or CAD10200 )
3. Have IELTS Score of no less than 6 in each band.

In case your Visa is rejected, the you can ask for refund form your college(fees), and from the Bank (GIC).
Conditions for refund, and the amount that is refunded may vary from college to college, and bank to bank, so you'll have to see their respective websites for details.

For humber college, you can check their refund polcy here: https://international.humber.ca/study-at-humber/application-process/refund-information.html

Last edited:

Piecoco

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
H

hello!
Please suggest
I’m for sept intake
Yes, you can go ahead

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
If you're applyig visa under SDS [Student Direct Stream], then you have to first full certain criterias
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

I am from India, and to apply under SDS [Student Direct Stream] I had to
1. Pay 1 YEAR tuition fees.
2. Get GIC of CAD 10,000. ( bank charges some fee so it's really CAD10150 or CAD10200 )
3. Have IELTS Score of no less than 6 in each band.

In case your Visa is rejected, the you can ask for refund form your college(fees), and from the Bank (GIC).
Conditions for refund, and the amount that is refunded may vary from college to college, and bank to bank, so you'll have to see their respective websites for details.

For humber college, you can check their refund polcy here: https://international.humber.ca/study-at-humber/application-process/refund-information.html
Not SDS..just normal student visa..