+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDENT VISA APPROVED FROM JAMAICA

honeybee2017

Jul 14, 2017
I applied in April from Kingston together with my spouse and it took exactly 2 weeks. I got the study permit and spouse got open work permit

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thanks Mel.Well as you must know u can apply via paper based or online,I did paper based.
U need bank statements,police record,school transcript,cxc and or cape results any Academic documents,I filled out the application online and printed it,acceptance letter from the college,and the page the states the amount of tuition you should pay,sent in my passport and bought a courier. That's basically everything that I did and I had to collect my passport at the visa office.
please share your SOP and LOE to johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

honeybee2017

Jul 14, 2017
Ok, can you give me an example of how i would outline same.
I will give an outline so that others can benefit

In your opening paragraph state clearly your reason for applying. For example:

Dear Sir/Madam or To Whom it May Concern (Whatever salutation you choose to use)

I am writing to apply for a study permit to pursue………yrs (# of years) of full-time study in….. (whatever subject area) at……… (state college or university name). You can also state the objective of the programme here.

In the 2nd paragraph you can focus on your previous education, if applicable (I will be doing my second Master’s in Canada). I spoke to my previous Master’s and what that programme was aimed at ( I completed that programme 10 years ago, so it gave me an opportunity to speak to the changes in that sector over the last 10 years (I am in the environmental field).

If you are currently employed, as in my case, I have years of experience. I used the next couple of paragraphs to highlight my duties that links to the programme of study I will be pursuing, and highlighted how the new skills would advance my work.

The next paragraph spoke to how this Master’s (I will be attending the University of Saskatchewan to do an environmental programme) will further develop my skills.

Since I have applied with my spouse, I used the last couple of paragraphs to speak about my spouse’s work experience and skills and the potential of those skills.

I had paid a portion of the tuition, so in the last paragraph, I pointed out the documents I had attached. These included: Receipt for tuition payment, cv/resume, employment letters, salary slips, bank statements etc.

My letter was two (2) pages long, while my spouse letter was only one (1) page. (Since I was the principal applicant, I included some of spouse details in my SOP). Spouse’s letter was a similar layout, but it did not have as much details as that application was for an open work permit, so it was specific to work skills). Since we applied together we also spoke to the length of time being married and the benefit of going together as a family.

If you are applying alone, I don’t see any reason for your SOP to be more than one (1) page long.

Our proof of funds was from our own personal savings, we did not use a sponsor.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I will give an outline so that others can benefit

In your opening paragraph state clearly your reason for applying. For example:

Dear Sir/Madam or To Whom it May Concern (Whatever salutation you choose to use)

I am writing to apply for a study permit to pursue………yrs (# of years) of full-time study in….. (whatever subject area) at……… (state college or university name). You can also state the objective of the programme here.

In the 2nd paragraph you can focus on your previous education, if applicable (I will be doing my second Master’s in Canada). I spoke to my previous Master’s and what that programme was aimed at ( I completed that programme 10 years ago, so it gave me an opportunity to speak to the changes in that sector over the last 10 years (I am in the environmental field).

If you are currently employed, as in my case, I have years of experience. I used the next couple of paragraphs to highlight my duties that links to the programme of study I will be pursuing, and highlighted how the new skills would advance my work.

The next paragraph spoke to how this Master’s (I will be attending the University of Saskatchewan to do an environmental programme) will further develop my skills.

Since I have applied with my spouse, I used the last couple of paragraphs to speak about my spouse’s work experience and skills and the potential of those skills.

I had paid a portion of the tuition, so in the last paragraph, I pointed out the documents I had attached. These included: Receipt for tuition payment, cv/resume, employment letters, salary slips, bank statements etc.

My letter was two (2) pages long, while my spouse letter was only one (1) page. (Since I was the principal applicant, I included some of spouse details in my SOP). Spouse’s letter was a similar layout, but it did not have as much details as that application was for an open work permit, so it was specific to work skills). Since we applied together we also spoke to the length of time being married and the benefit of going together as a family.

If you are applying alone, I don’t see any reason for your SOP to be more than one (1) page long.

Our proof of funds was from our own personal savings, we did not use a sponsor.

Hope this helps and all the best.
Big congrats once more..

what was your husband's skill?

A SOP varies very much, a person who has been refused(maybe more than once), study gaps, applying for a second Masters, going for a different program than to previous studies or work experience etc has more to explain which 1page isn't advisable but a limit from 2-4pages of succinct and brevity(at least 3pages)

1page is always suitable for a first time applicant or for a non contradictory application case

Reactions: Al Saudi