+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa application with dependents

angelpoise

Mar 30, 2018
Hi,
I applied for a study permit last march 2, together with my husband and 2kids. My husband applied for open work permit, while my children applied for study permit also.. I already sent them my complete application package, since i am the principal applicant.. along with that is my medical. After 2weeks of submission, they required my family to take the medical. My question is, when the canadian embassy required you for a medical, does it mean that your visa has a higher chance of being approved?

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,
I applied for a study permit last march 2, together with my husband and 2kids. My husband applied for open work permit, while my children applied for study permit also.. I already sent them my complete application package, since i am the principal applicant.. along with that is my medical. After 2weeks of submission, they required my family to take the medical. My question is, when the canadian embassy required you for a medical, does it mean that your visa has a higher chance of being approved?
Based on what I have seen on this forum, medical examination is just a step towards assessing your application and it does not necessarily mean that you have a higher chance of receiving your student permit. Student permit is based on various variables such as your financial status, ties to country of residence etc. All the best for your application :)

angelpoise

Mar 30, 2018
Based on what I have seen on this forum, medical examination is just a step towards assessing your application and it does not necessarily mean that you have a higher chance of receiving your student permit. Student permit is based on various variables such as your financial status, ties to country of residence etc. All the best for your application :)

I greatly appreciate the time you've taken to share your knowledge with me

nishitb91

Mar 22, 2018
Hi,
From where do you apply and what is your citizenship? Please let me know once you get approval. I am about to apply in a similar way.

dreirocks

Apr 12, 2018
Hi there! I am also working on my student visa application through SDS with my spouse and child. Please let me know if your visa has been approved.Im from the Phils but ive been based abroad for 9 yrs now.

Vijaylaxmi

Apr 14, 2018
Hi there. M also planning for the same thing.. I 'll be applying for the study permit and my husband n my will be my dependent.. plz help me out what will be the process.. Can we all move together to canada ?

DKYah1130

May 27, 2018
Hi there! I am also working on my student visa application through SDS with my spouse and child. Please let me know if your visa has been approved.Im from the Phils but ive been based abroad for 9 yrs now.
Hello, just reading thru and I found similar cases as mine. How was ur app now? I hope there is already a progress? Andmay I ask how did u go thru the SDS stream with dependents? Was it possible to invest more than 10k in Scotiabank since u mentioned u have dependents accompanying u? Pls share. TIA.

broforb

Apr 21, 2018
Hi, I am a Filipino citizen.. most prolly, the result will come out on may.. Im praying that they will grant us a visa.. I'll let you know..
i pray you are successful. please let me know how it goes want to do same thing. i have admission already but yet to apply for visa.

Areej girl

May 13, 2018
Hi,
Do you apply online or paper
If online . Can you answer me about the package of application. I mean is each application will be seperated
I want to apply online with me son as avisitor
How can I apply ? I mean I will apply for student permit and when I can apply for my son ? Is it will be seperated
Please advice

DKYah1130

May 27, 2018
Hi,
hi po, i have noticed this has been few months ago. kumusta n po application niyo? approved na po ba? and which stream did u opt? ung sa regular b or sds? salamat po sana masagot ninyo tanong k kc i am planning to apply with dependents also and weighing our chances either to apply together as a family or ako muna then my fam.. TIA..