+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa application issue

Xhizor08

Oct 20, 2015
Hi, I Have applied for my student visa online from Malawi on October 4. My application will be processed in South Africa, which has a processing time of 15 weeks, maybe more. Which is a problem because my school starts in January and the visa is most likely not gonna be completed on time. At this point, i was thinking of withdrawing my current application then reapplying in India (I was born in India) where the processing time is only 3 weeks. However, i don't know much about the withdrawing procedure and how long it would take and if i can reapply straight away? Also could i apply to the Indian office if i don't not physically go there?

Has anyone gone through a similar process or has any information that may help me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

kashifch

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is always recommended that you should submit the application from country of your residence. I have witnessed 1 or 2 cases where the applicant went to their country of origin to submit the application rather than their country of residence and the application got refused.

Xhizor08 said:
Hi, I Have applied for my student visa online from Malawi on October 4. My application will be processed in South Africa, which has a processing time of 15 weeks, maybe more. Which is a problem because my school starts in January and the visa is most likely not gonna be completed on time. At this point, i was thinking of withdrawing my current application then reapplying in India (I was born in India) where the processing time is only 3 weeks. However, i don't know much about the withdrawing procedure and how long it would take and if i can reapply straight away? Also could i apply to the Indian office if i don't not physically go there?

Has anyone gone through a similar process or has any information that may help me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
kashifch said:
It is always recommended that you should submit the application from country of your residence. I have witnessed 1 or 2 cases where the applicant went to their country of origin to submit the application rather than their country of residence and the application got refused.
This seems like correct advice, however,wait for others to respond...

Xhizor08

Oct 20, 2015
kashifch said:
I dont understand why an application would be refused because you applied from a different location? But anyway i may have to take the risk as it that or dont get the visa on time. Also one of friends who went to Canada from my high school also went to his country of origin and applied from there and got his visa in 3 days. But what i am most worried about is the withdraw my current application part. Any info on that?