+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa application from US - anyone still waiting?

dabombchibz87

Jun 30, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am residing in the US, and will be starting a graduate program in the fall. I submitted my application to CIC on May 13th, and still haven't heard back (its been over 5 weeks now). Ive sent messages to the LA consulate and submitted a case request, but still nothing.

Anyone else applied around the same time and still waiting?

I want to start planning for school i.e. look for housing etc, and this uncertainty is making things very difficult!

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
dabombchibz87 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am residing in the US, and will be starting a graduate program in the fall. I submitted my application to CIC on May 13th, and still haven't heard back (its been over 5 weeks now). Ive sent messages to the LA consulate and submitted a case request, but still nothing.

I want to start planning for school i.e. look for housing etc, and this uncertainty is making things very difficult!
Time limit is usually Minimum time, after that time limit you are eligible to contact the embassy, however, time limit doesn't usually mean that your visa will be issue in given time spam. So you should wait. Its plenty of time for Fall intakes.

dino_choc

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Well 5 weeks is a long time to be honest. I can understand your concern. I would just call the Visa office or email them. They do reply via email where call is the best.

tarunraju

Jun 27, 2015
Hi buddy,

Did u get any reply from los angeles embassy, if not I hope you get a positive reply soon. I am planning to submit for the student visa by end of this month at LA.

Can you please advise what all supporting documents did you submitted for student visa here, also like to know if you filed it online or as a paper application.

Currently am in student visa here from India...came in May 2015 intake that is just 2 months before... but am going to discontinue the course here and planning to move canada for studies instead. I hope that won't be an issue.

In what status you are in US, are you by any chance from India as a student here or in a different status ?

Hope to see your reply soon, thanks.

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for visa from US too (online). Please update if you have received the visa or anything regarding your conversation with the LA Canadian Consulate.

I would really appreciate your response.

Thank you