+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa and Upfront Medical Test

cornelius558

May 30, 2017
To whoever is reading this. I've recently applied for a student visa in Canada. One of the questions they asked was "Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?" in which i answered No. Due to this, CIC gave me the option to Request for Medical Examination Option in which i will only receive instructions for a medical examination AFTER i submit my application. Before i submit my application, I realized i could do an Upfront Medcial Examination which would speed up my Visa process. I went ahead and did it anyway and gotten the results back. Now my question is should i change my answer to Yes? I tried that and it gave me the option to upload my Proof of Medical Examination. Or should i just stick with my answer No and upload my medical proof on the Request for Medical Examination section. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
To whoever is reading this. I've recently applied for a student visa in Canada. One of the questions they asked was "Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?" in which i answered No. Due to this, CIC gave me the option to Request for Medical Examination Option in which i will only receive instructions for a medical examination AFTER i submit my application. Before i submit my application, I realized i could do an Upfront Medcial Examination which would speed up my Visa process. I went ahead and did it anyway and gotten the results back. Now my question is should i change my answer to Yes? I tried that and it gave me the option to upload my Proof of Medical Examination. Or should i just stick with my answer No and upload my medical proof on the Request for Medical Examination section. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
Hi buddy, what did u do about this?

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Either option will work. If you have a slot in which to upload your medical, why wait to be invited to submit your medical results later?
I did not understand. I want to do upfront medical test tomorrow.

I selected "Yes" for this following question:
"Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?"

But, I don't have any supporting document to upload.

so, my question is:

1. If I want to do upfront medical for Online application, what should I choose for the above question?
2. I believe they will give acknowledgement for medical. Where should I upload it in case I do upfront? Because no supporting document for medical is shown in the list.
3. Does upfront actually help reduce time for visa result?

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Where did you get the "option to upload my Proof of Medical Examination"? After you pay for the application or before?