+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa and PR

Harris4786

May 22, 2019
Hello

My wife in India has received PPR and is traveling to Canada 15th of March, 2020. I'm the co-applicant in her file and I'm already in Canada on student visa. How should I get my passport stamped?

Should I send my passport to CPC OTTAWA PR or do flagpoling? (or anything else which I'm unaware of? ) I am currently in Victoria, BC. Any help will be much appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

My wife in India has received PPR and is traveling to Canada 15th of March, 2020. I'm the co-applicant in her file and I'm already in Canada on student visa. How should I get my passport stamped?

Should I send my passport to CPC OTTAWA PR or do flagpoling? (or anything else which I'm unaware of? ) I am currently in Victoria, BC. Any help will be much appreciated.
Assume your wife has a TRV. You can request to both send your passports to Canada so you can get COPR. Then you can land. Are you both becoming PRs?

Harris4786

May 22, 2019
Yes we are both becoming PRs. My wife has already got her passport stamped and landing at Vancouver on 15th.

I'm already in Victoria, British Columbia as a student.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes we are both becoming PRs. My wife has already got her passport stamped and landing at Vancouver on 15th.

I'm already in Victoria, British Columbia as a student.
You will need to send in your passport to get COPR. Are you the primary applicant or is she? The primary applicant must land first or you must land at the same time.

Harris4786

May 22, 2019
My wife is the primary applicant. So if I understand correctly I can send my passport to cpc ottawa and it will only be stamped after my wife lands. Correct? And after i get my passport i will hv to do flagpoling?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife is the primary applicant. So if I understand correctly I can send my passport to cpc ottawa and it will only be stamped after my wife lands. Correct? And after i get my passport i will hv to do flagpoling?
No you should send your passport to Ottawa now. You can land with your wife or after your wife. Normally spouses send in their passports at the same time even if they are sending them to different offices. Is there are reason you haven’t sent in your passport to get COPR? Not sure if you need to get COPR before she lands. Hopefully someone else can enlighten us.