+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after recent overstay

Brightsparrow

Jul 18, 2017
Unfortunately if the UK knows you overstayed the misrepresentation may be an issue when it comes to your PR. Given that you got the study visa it seems like the UK has not realized you overstayed because it is highly unusual for someone to overstay in UK/Canada/US/NW/AUS to get a study visa.
I was very clear when I filled the online form and told the CIC I had overstayed in the UK and had also been previously denied an Irish Visa. I know there is no reason to lie to any embassy they know the truth. Maybe being truthful was also to my advantage.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you wrote "a) My statement of purpose - 1 page and very clear and formal ( AND DID NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MY OVERSTAY OR PREVIOUS VISA REJECTION FOR STUDY VISA FOR IRELAND" you can understand why I thought you didn't mention the overstay.

Other people learn from this forum so it is important to point out that most often people are denied after a previous overstay but it is still important to be honest.

PandaExpress

Oct 27, 2018
Hey
T

Trust me the UK knows I overstayed, I have all their letters ( some threatening ), they even gave a file to a third party agent who got my cell number and would send me emails about contacting them so they can arrange for me to voluntarily leave the country.

They even went to look for me at my old address to most likely ( deport me ) the previous tenant said they ( dressed like police officers ) had come to what I most likely think to deport me.

I have never been more stressed in my life like that 1 year, but maybe the universe was on my side, whatever the reason, leaving the UK voluntarily was the best decision I ever made. And this is based on whether or not I Canadian visa. I became physically sick, lost so much weight, and what is worse I left all the friends I had made in 7 years and had to look at their faces filled with pity as they helped me leave ( flee ) the country without being caught. I truly realised only I was going to determine my future, not UKBA, I changed my mindset. They were things I wanted for my life and I knew ( for ME personally ) I could not attain them being an illegal immigrant. I placed my faith in MYSELF, not the UKBA. Nothing is impossible if your motives are pure.

But having said this. I still believe what helped me the most was building a VERY STRONG CASE why I wanted to come back to my home country after my studies.

Just a timeline if anyone is interested

I left UK April 2016 to home country. stayed in home country for 2 months before by absolute chance I got a chance to visit another EU country for a work related competition. I stayed there for 5 months then came back to home country. Stayed in home country from January till now. Started my visa application online for Canada Aug 2nd. Aug 8th got letter to submit passport ( Country undergoing elections so was unable to do so till 14th August ) . Aug 13th online account says my application has been approved.
Did you get your visa? Same situation here.

Jun 13, 2019
Hi, just an update. I received a letter to submit my passport :) from CIC. Thank you for all who helped me and assisted me by answering my question. Stay Blessed
Hey i am in the same situation. It would be helpful if you can let me know where did you mention regarding the overstay during your student visa appliaction. Is it in sop or in tge application