+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa after 6 years of gap

Karathiya

Feb 11, 2018
Dear Members,

I am seeking some advice on how to proceed with the below scenario for student visa process.

My spouce had completed her Bachelor's of Engineering in Electrical Engineering in the year of 2012. Then she started working for an automobile company in Industrial Engineering department as an Assistant Manager ( Manufacturing). She left the organization in 2016 and started working as a freelance project manager for Interior Designing projects. Once she got her eureka moment while working as a project manager, she decided to start working in the same field for full time. She had completed almost 10 small and big projects during this 2 years of time period. However, she had not registered her business.

Now, she wants to pursue masters from a canadian university in any management course.

She is 28 now and having almost 6 years of gap( work experience) after last degree. So, we are in a dilemma of student visa application and we have few questions which are as below

1. As her education, past work experience and current work experience are not in the same line, would it impact the visa approval ?

2. As she has almost 6 years of study gap, how much are the chances for visa approval ?

3. It would be good if you can suggest some course which may fit in with her profile.

I appreciate your time and any input on this.

Thanks,
Sagar