+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa after 4 years of gap?

patwardhan

Jun 6, 2021
Hi everyone, this is going to be a long post!
I'm from India and have been browsing this forum quite a lot lately. I noticed that the student visa rejection rate is very high if an application is not strong, which sadly is the case with me as my profile is riddled with problems. Following is some information about me-
1) Did my 10th with 85.2% in 2009
2) Did my 12th with 75.2% in 2011
3) Completed B.Tech. from Electronics & Communication in 2016 with 6/10 GPA(67% according to University table, it says that on the transcript and mark sheet), there were no backlogs during that period.
4) Briefly worked as an intern for a startup for 3 months (have the proof of it)
5) Joined family business as it was struggling and so was I because of dearth of jobs in electronics manufacturing and telecom sector. Was involved in it from 2017 to mid 2019(approx 2.5 years)
6) I had some programming knowledge so I started working for a Startup as a Mobile Application Developer, continued this for 4 months (have proof of it as well)
7) Switched between some low end tech jobs for about 1.5 years which I don't have an experience letter for but do have proof of income.
8) Got enrolled into PGD in CS from IIIT Bangalore in 2020 to cover the education gap and to properly switch into IT.
9) Managed to get a decent full time job recently that pays more than 1000 CAD per month, which I'm currently involved in along with an online diploma mentioned above.

Long story short I'm planning to apply or Masters and I have about 4 years of education gap between graduation and PGD about 1 year of work experience here and there.
I've been consistently filing income tax returns since the last 5 years with regular income from the last 2 years but proven work experience is just 1 year.
I would like to know if I have a realistic chance of getting a student visa if I happen to get an acceptance from a decent University like Dalhousie, Windsor or Concordia in MS in CS, or another IT related specialization.
I have enough funds to cover tuition fee and living expenses and own a property that ties me to my home country.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Did you complete your PGD? Your first hurdle is to get a university admission offer. MSc in Computer Science is HIGHLY competitive in Canada especially in the schools you listed. I'll advise that you look into other mid-lower end universities across the country. Aim to apply to at least 6 unis.

If you are able to secure an offer and you have a healthy amount of funds, you should be able to get SP if you put together a solid application.

Good luck!

sureaca

May 15, 2020
I had 9 years of gap bro, Study permit got approved this April. Make sure you are going with a reputed University, IELTS score should be good and the SOP should be very strong.

Jan 1, 2022
I had 9 years of gap bro, Study permit got approved this April. Make sure you are going with a reputed University, IELTS score should be good and the SOP should be very strong.
Can we connect buddy.
I'm in similar situation like you. Want to know about couple of things.

zoyakhan22

Mar 12, 2019
hi sureca can you suggest colleges which accept gap