+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa after 13 years of work Experiance.

ab9061r

Mar 5, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hi all,

Myself AB. I am from India, I am 34 years old who completed my Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 2006. I started working in IT sector in 2007 to till date, I do not have any major Gaps, I had a Gap of 2-3 months before 11 years that I took for taking certifications which were needed for betterment in my career. Now I am 13 years experienced and still working on the Technical side. I would like to move to the managerial field and for that, the basic qualification is a bachelor's degree. I would like to do a BBA in Project management and I always wish to study abroad and I prefer Canada which is one of my dream countries. I found a degree program at Yorkville university which is a 3 year BBA program that gives specialization in Project management.

I tried to approach few consultancies and they are straight away saying it's impossible for someone of my age to get a Student Visa in Canada because my education Gap is 10+ years. I tried to explain that in IT we need to learn and achieve even certifications at times. They said but Visa officers may ask why then I want to study in Canada itself and I am doing it for getting a PR.

The answer to the above is, I had to earn before I go for international studies, and now it's affordable for me. regarding PR yes I may try but It may not be possible to stay for long for every one In my case because my wife is an Ayurveda doctor and she cannot have a career there.. my elderly parents. there could be many things...

But the question here is why should someone get rejected from studying when they having a genuine cause, genuine reason for the study. Even if I try for PR or not, stay longer or not?

I am so confused? All this is true? Is there a chance for me to study in Canada? Please share your valuable experience if anyone of you ever tried and succeed. Can someone here guide me, please?

Regards,
AB

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
One of my friend got her visa in her 40s she has a gap of 22 years. Also, on CIC website there is no such age criteria mentioned, so of course you can get a study visa

Reactions: ab9061r

tarun.patel

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Dont listen to agents...i have seen cases where they got study visa at the age of 44. i have 11 years of study Gap with 10 year of valid work experience and waiting for my result. recently in my WhatsApp group someone got visa at the age of 34.

So be positive and apply for the study visa for canada. I am in the same boat as you as i have done BE E&C in 2010 and working in IT company since 10 year.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hi all,

Myself AB. I am from India, I am 34 years old who completed my Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 2006. I started working in IT sector in 2007 to till date, I do not have any major Gaps, I had a Gap of 2-3 months before 11 years that I took for taking certifications which were needed for betterment in my career. Now I am 13 years experienced and still working on the Technical side. I would like to move to the managerial field and for that, the basic qualification is a bachelor's degree. I would like to do a BBA in Project management and I always wish to study abroad and I prefer Canada which is one of my dream countries. I found a degree program at Yorkville university which is a 3 year BBA program that gives specialization in Project management.

I tried to approach few consultancies and they are straight away saying it's impossible for someone of my age to get a Student Visa in Canada because my education Gap is 10+ years. I tried to explain that in IT we need to learn and achieve even certifications at times. They said but Visa officers may ask why then I want to study in Canada itself and I am doing it for getting a PR.

The answer to the above is, I had to earn before I go for international studies, and now it's affordable for me. regarding PR yes I may try but It may not be possible to stay for long for every one In my case because my wife is an Ayurveda doctor and she cannot have a career there.. my elderly parents. there could be many things...

But the question here is why should someone get rejected from studying when they having a genuine cause, genuine reason for the study. Even if I try for PR or not, stay longer or not?

I am so confused? All this is true? Is there a chance for me to study in Canada? Please share your valuable experience if anyone of you ever tried and succeed. Can someone here guide me, please?

Regards,
AB
As the above mentioned, there is no age limit, your agent is discouraging you from following your dream. The part they said, why Canada, why now, yeah, you will explain to VO since I have seen cases where people get rejected for having experience and well settled and it didn't make sense why they wanted to go back to school. You case of wanting to move to the managerial position can be valid.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
My wife got her visa in December and she was 32 at that time. Prepare a good SOP. Dont listen to consultants. They will only take your case if they see chances and trust me, they know nothing. the only thing they know is how to file. It took us a week to prepare an SOP for University first and then for visa filing another 1 week. You should have proper justification regarding your career goals and why will you come back. Another advise, dont write anything negative about home country, in fact dont write anything negative in your SOP. I hope it might help you.

ab9061r

Mar 5, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Don't listen to agents...i have seen cases where they got study visa at the age of 44. i have 11 years of study Gap with 10 year of valid work experience and waiting for my result. recently in my WhatsApp group someone got visa at the age of 34.

So be positive and apply for the study visa for canada. I am in the same boat as you as i have done BE E&C in 2010 and working in IT company since 10 year.
Hi Tharun,

Glad to see your reply, Can I ask you one more query.. these consultancy| agents told me something similar to your case... "If I had a degree they could have tried|suggested for some PG Diploma or Masters where age|gap doesn't matter. But in my case, I have got no Degree and I am trying for one at this age so chances of getting a Visa approved or the colleges approving my studies is difficult"

Any thoughts on this mate? Any of your friends had a similar scenario.?

Can we go directly registering at College? Many saying admissions mosty accepted when we go through reputed agencies, Is that true?

Regards,
AB

ab9061r

Mar 5, 2021
Category........
STUDY
One of my friend got her visa in her 40s she has a gap of 22 years. Also, on CIC website there is no such age criteria mentioned, so of course you can get a study visa
Thanks for the reply, She got her visa for doing any master's course?

ab9061r

Mar 5, 2021
Category........
STUDY
My wife got her visa in December and she was 32 at that time. Prepare a good SOP. Dont listen to consultants. They will only take your case if they see chances and trust me, they know nothing. the only thing they know is how to file. It took us a week to prepare an SOP for University first and then for visa filing another 1 week. You should have proper justification regarding your career goals and why will you come back. Another advise, dont write anything negative about home country, in fact dont write anything negative in your SOP. I hope it might help you.

Hi,

Is there any websites, videos we can refer for getting sample SOPs or atleast the formats we use. Also how to file and everything? Can we approach the colleges directly?

ab9061r

Mar 5, 2021
Category........
STUDY
As the above mentioned, there is no age limit, your agent is discouraging you from following your dream. The part they said, why Canada, why now, yeah, you will explain to VO since I have seen cases where people get rejected for having experience and well settled and it didn't make sense why they wanted to go back to school. You case of wanting to move to the managerial position can be valid.
Thank you for the reply

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hi Tharun,

Glad to see your reply, Can I ask you one more query.. these consultancy| agents told me something similar to your case... "If I had a degree they could have tried|suggested for some PG Diploma or Masters where age|gap doesn't matter. But in my case, I have got no Degree and I am trying for one at this age so chances of getting a Visa approved or the colleges approving my studies is difficult"

Can we go directly registering at College? Many saying admissions mosty accepted when we go through reputed agencies, Is that true?

Regards,
AB
Don't listen to them. They know nothing other than plagiarism. Just apply to the school, once accepted, you can work on building your strong SOP.

Reactions: imran88 and ab9061r

MVINOTH005

Nov 26, 2020
Hi all,

Regards,
AB
Hi AB,

Do not listen to any others.
I am too 34. After a study gap of 10 years I got the SP in Jan 2021.
All what you need is to have a clean record and genuine purpose. Age is no matter.

Good Luck

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
Hi all,

Regards,
AB
HI AB, I don't see why you cannot get international student visa. But student visa during pandemic is not the best. The cost of living is so high that you would have to work even as student to make ends meet. With your qualification, age and years of IT experience did you qualify for ExpressEntry ? Ayurveda and Naturopathy are all practiced here. Physio therapy and Massage are very popular here. Ayurveda may not be highly popular unlike allopathy but is still recognized. Even MBBS or MD qualification from India are not considered here and would have to undertake re-certification (exam) as it is a regulated industry. So is Dentist and Nutritionist etc.

Last edited:

tarun.patel

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi Tharun,

Regards,
AB
You have only diploma in India so i guess you can apply for another Post graduate diploma or apply for the bachelors in canada