+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Sponsor

jazul

Jan 26, 2024
Hello all!

My spouse and I are looking to apply for spousal sponsorship. My spouse, the applicant is a 20 years old Mexican international student studying her 4th (out of 8) semester. I am a 19 years old Canadian Citizen who is also studying his 4th semester of an 8 semester program as well. We met over a year ago, and we got married in October 5th (our anniversary) last year. We have been living together since the beginning of the relationship. I am currently paying for my costs of living with scholarships, grants, student loans, and help from my parents. My spouse is being supported entirely by her mother, thanks to an educational fund with enough money to cover her expenses throughout university. We both work during the summer to save some extra money.

The main question we have is: would there be any problem if we applied while I, the sponsor, don't have a job?

Thanks for your help!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all!

My spouse and I are looking to apply for spousal sponsorship. My spouse, the applicant is a 20 years old Mexican international student studying her 4th (out of 8) semester. I am a 19 years old Canadian Citizen who is also studying his 4th semester of an 8 semester program as well. We met over a year ago, and we got married in October 5th (our anniversary) last year. We have been living together since the beginning of the relationship. I am currently paying for my costs of living with scholarships, grants, student loans, and help from my parents. My spouse is being supported entirely by her mother, thanks to an educational fund with enough money to cover her expenses throughout university. We both work during the summer to save some extra money.

The main question we have is: would there be any problem if we applied while I, the sponsor, don't have a job?

Thanks for your help!
All you can do is give it a try and finger crossed.

You would have to show IRCC how you financially support you and your spouse...