+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student permit processing times - applying from US

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
Hello,
Does anybody know what would be a reason for delay in processing of student permit application? My fiance is applying for student permit and I am applying for work permit as common in law partner. We are applying from US. Online it says that processing time is 4 weeks, but we are waiting already 6 weeks without decision.
Could anyone share their application date and how long it took them to get visa?
Thank you!
Dzoni

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if anybody else could share if their processing time of student permit is longer that estimated time on cic website? (regardless where they are applying from)
Thanks,
Dzoni

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
dzoni100 said:
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if anybody else could share if their processing time of student permit is longer that estimated time on cic website? (regardless where they are applying from)
Thanks,
Dzoni
Hello Dzoni,

No body has received a decision according to the processing time of their countries (especially if applied online). Mine says one week... This is the 12th week and no update. Many others are waiting and some of them got their approval already, but after double or times three the time indicated on the website. Just be patient... I hope we all hear good news very soon. Good luck ;)

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
Thank you for letting me know! I was really not expecting that their processing times are not correct but what can we do now.
Could you tell from which country you are applying?
Thanks,
Dzoni