+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Declined

monicarohit

Jun 24, 2018
I am an Indian student in US on H4. My student permit is declined for the following reasons.
(a) Less Finance
(b) Will not return to India

I have shown money which was sufficient to cover 3 years of tution fee. Is my permit rejected as my father is on H1 in USA?

The fact is my younger brother & Mom stays in India. Even my Dad stays hardly for 2-3 months in USA. For the rest of the period he works from India. We don't own any property, car in USA. We own house, cars in India. I moved to USA in 2016 to do 11th and 12 th grade as I was having a specific health issue which could be treated in USA and not in India.

Do I have some chance if I reapply again for Student Permit? should I hire an attorney for the same?

AnneLDB

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
I am an Indian student in US on H4. My student permit is declined for the following reasons.
(a) Less Finance
(b) Will not return to India

I have shown money which was sufficient to cover 3 years of tution fee. Is my permit rejected as my father is on H1 in USA?

The fact is my younger brother & Mom stays in India. Even my Dad stays hardly for 2-3 months in USA. For the rest of the period he works from India. We don't own any property, car in USA. We own house, cars in India. I moved to USA in 2016 to do 11th and 12 th grade as I was having a specific health issue which could be treated in USA and not in India.

Do I have some chance if I reapply again for Student Permit? should I hire an attorney for the same?
How long you waited before they rejected you?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The problem is likely the fact that you don't have strong ties to your home country given that you have been living in the US for 2 years. It would actually be much easier from India. Not sure what you suffer from but that can also cause problems for your study permit and future PR. Would look into medical inadmissibility. The rules are not the same for students but can be stricter or more lenient depending on the province.