+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Applicants from USA( F1, OPT, H1-B), Let's Meet Here

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Finally got my Original Passport Request today! Thought this day would never come...
Ottawa Office. I went ahead and requested the shipping labels two weeks ago because I knew it was going to take a while to get an answer back and paid off. My passport is on the mail and will arrive tomorrow at Vac NY, due to thanksgiving Thursday I am hoping to get it back by Monday. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats! Please share your timeline~

bthakur05

Aug 20, 2020
Finally got my Original Passport Request today! Thought this day would never come...
Ottawa Office. I went ahead and requested the shipping labels two weeks ago because I knew it was going to take a while to get an answer back and paid off. My passport is on the mail and will arrive tomorrow at Vac NY, due to thanksgiving Thursday I am hoping to get it back by Monday. Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations AnaCamp, hope you receive the passport back soon. Could you please answer my following query:

1.) Could you please describe the process for requesting a shipping label? My college was approved last week and I haven't received any request yet. I am based in Houston, don't know which office you guys are talking about.

Best

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Congratulations AnaCamp, hope you receive the passport back soon. Could you please answer my following query:

1.) Could you please describe the process for requesting a shipping label? My college was approved last week and I haven't received any request yet. I am based in Houston, don't know which office you guys are talking about.

Best
Once you get PPR you need to follow below steps (copied from some other thread) or you can check in VFS website. Even my university got listed last week waiting for PPR.

1. Email VFS to buy label and pay fees
2. They respond in 48 hours with a payment link
3. Pay the fees, screenshot\save the confirmation email VFS back
4. They send you the label in 48 hours with a packing list
5. Bring the label to a FedEx location with the required documents
6. It took me a week to get my passport back after sending it out to the NY office.
7. I received POE letter when my passport is coming back.

VFS :

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents

Option 2: By Mail

Reactions: bthakur05

bthakur05

Aug 20, 2020
Once you get PPR you need to follow below steps (copied from some other thread) or you can check in VFS website. Even my university got listed last week waiting for PPR.

1. Email VFS to buy label and pay fees
2. They respond in 48 hours with a payment link
3. Pay the fees, screenshot\save the confirmation email VFS back
4. They send you the label in 48 hours with a packing list
5. Bring the label to a FedEx location with the required documents
6. It took me a week to get my passport back after sending it out to the NY office.
7. I received POE letter when my passport is coming back.

VFS :

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents

Option 2: By Mail
Thanks Ryerson2020. I was wondering if I should request them in advance like AnaCamp, that would save some time. Again which office is being talked about here VFS or ?

Reactions: Artin.nasimi

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Thanks Ryerson2020. I was wondering if I should request them in advance like AnaCamp, that would save some time. Again which office is being talked about here VFS or ?
You can send to the nearest office .While sending email to request mailing label to need to send one more excel file regarding your details and there you can select either NY or LA and i believe based on your selection they will send you the mailing labels.

you can request labels in advance but we dont know when we are gonna get PPR request and by doing this you r just saving 3-4 days and i think now after waiting so much 3-4 days nothing for us. :)

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
My visa was issued by Ottawa office, not in the USA. But you have to send your passport to your nearest VAC, my case VSF NY (You have to option for Los Angeles) as well. Once they sent you the payment link, you have 30 days to make the payment. When I requested it took them more than a week to respond my email. Today my passport will be at Vac by 10:30am. I think is worth it. My daughter had her passport stamped within one business day of arrival Vac (this was in August). I am hoping to get mine back by Monday. I’m desperate to get out of USA because I am paying college here as well, so for me... every day waiting counts.

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
You can send to the nearest office .While sending email to request mailing label to need to send one more excel file regarding your details and there you can select either NY or LA and i believe based on your selection they will send you the mailing labels.

you can request labels in advance but we dont know when we are gonna get PPR request and by doing this you r just saving 3-4 days and i think now after waiting so much 3-4 days nothing for us. :)
Hi, Do you know long it would take to get the passport back ?

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I also got PPR yesterday morning at 6:21 am. Already sent VFS label request and they have not emailed me back. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving I guess they will reply at least after tomorrow.

Reactions: mostafa_