+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Applicants from USA( F1, OPT, H1-B), Let's Meet Here

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hey guys received an email saying this
"This is in reference to your Application. Due to the current COVID-19 situation we would like to inform you that your document has been received and your application is in progress. No further action is required by you at this time. Please continue to check your MyCIC account regularly for further updates and monitor the situation regarding COVID-19."

Does anyone know what this means? Is my application under review?
Did you submit any documentation through web form?

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Yes I did, probably a confirmation for that maybe? Do they also send out an email when they start reviewing your application?
Yes, this is the acknowledgement that they receive. And yes, they usually send an email saying that your application status has been updated when they start reviewing the eligibility.

Reactions: camper

karim19811002

Feb 5, 2019
How do you know if they still check your background? If you are relying just on these little statuses on GC Key, then it is a lie. In my GC Key, at the very bottom, it states that my app is approved, I have PPR. However, under eligibility and background it says that they are still checking me (which is impossible at this point). Intake matters, if you are Fall 2020, you should receive PPR soon if your DLI is on the list.
Once again, webform them either a letter of support or enrollment verification if your DLI is approved. If not, then just wait until it is and then remind IRCC about your existence. Send updated LOA only if it changed because for example of an intake change (Fall 2020 to Winter 2022, etc)

karim19811002

Feb 5, 2019
Thanks JaneSama for the clarification,I contacted the school,they are working on having the university on the list. I see students mentioning AIP what is it?

I also tried to web form them but don't know which center is working on my application,they ask me to choose between New York or California because applied from outside Canada (fromUSA) and I don't see any information on that anywhere in my account.

Last edited:

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Thanks JaneSama for the clarification,I contacted the school,they are working on having the university on the list. I see students mentioning AIP what is it?

I also tried to web form them but don't know which center is working on my application,they ask me to choose between New York or California because applied from outside Canada (fromUSA) and I don't see any information on that anywhere in my account.
If your institution is not on the list, then you should wait until it gets there. There is no point disturbing IRCC. However, since you didn't receive AIP and you should have by this point (unless your case got approved way before – like mine). It is worth asking instead whether you passed the first stage. Attach your enrollment verification.

Send your webform to the closest VAC to you. If you are on East coast, it is NYC. If on West Coast – it is LA

Reactions: karim19811002

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
If your institution is not on the list, then you should wait until it gets there. There is no point disturbing IRCC. However, since you didn't receive AIP and you should have by this point (unless your case got approved way before – like mine). It is worth asking instead whether you passed the first stage. Attach your enrollment verification.

Send your webform to the closest VAC to you. If you are on East coast, it is NYC. If on West Coast – it is LA
Hello
After you sent a web form, did you get the status of your application? Or any important update
Thank you

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello
After you sent a web form, did you get the status of your application? Or any important update
Thank you
I did get a message “hinting” that my husband is approved as well. I got an approval earlier than him and his case was just standing in one place. They ignored all of my webforms until I asked my question and send them documents. It is useless to ask about a status, but you can ask if you need to submit any more documents

Pranavmehta

Oct 18, 2020
I am on visitor in USA. I just received admission confirmation from a dli approved institution. Should I put my application from home country - India or from here..which one is better?

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Any recent full approval in USA? with AIP from 18th August. waiting and waiting

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
I am on visitor in USA. I just received admission confirmation from a dli approved institution. Should I put my application from home country - India or from here..which one is better?
i think on visitor visa you cannot file application from USA. You need to provide valid status in the country either it should be (H1, L1 , F1 ..etc.)

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Thanks for your reply. But isn't visitor visa a valid status.
It might not count as that. On B1/B2, you cannot even open a bank account. This status does not permit you to be in the US longer than a specified period of time stated in your passport. However, you can perhaps give biometrics in the US