+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit and Student Visa are expiring. Can I renew both at the same time?

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I'm in Canada already I'm on my 3rd semester already. My study visa is expiring November 2021 and my study permit is also expiring November 2021. My classes will end April 2022 so I need to renew both my visa and my permit.

What would be the best process?

Renew my visa first, then renew my permit? Or can I renew both at the same time? How do I do this? I found the site to extend my permit, but not sure if I can do that if my visa is expired.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I'm in Canada already I'm on my 3rd semester already. My study visa is expiring November 2021 and my study permit is also expiring November 2021. My classes will end April 2022 so I need to renew both my visa and my permit.

What would be the best process?

Renew my visa first, then renew my permit? Or can I renew both at the same time? How do I do this? I found the site to extend my permit, but not sure if I can do that if my visa is expired.
TRV and study permit are two different things.

TRV for travel in and out of Canada.
Study permit that proves your legal status.

First, extend SP, then TRV. You don't necessarily have to extend TRV, unless you want to travel.
I've extended my SP in 2019, and my TRV is invalid. Will apply for one if I'd like to travel.