+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDENT PERMIT AFTER 35 YEARS OF AGE

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am posting this thread because I could not find what I am looking for.

I am 37 and keen on settling to canada. My CRS score is 331. IELTS - S-8.5, L-7,R-7,W-6.5. After spending lot of money on consultation, I realised its better to start the immigration process on my own. I am an electrical engineer from a reputed college from Pune, India. My degree has been verified by WES. I also hold a postgraduate degree in Marketing from Indian Institute of planning and management. Unfortunately, this degree is not recognised from any of the Canadian verification bodies. Hence, a low CRS score. So even if I score 8777 in IELTS my score would be somewhere around 385-390. I am working as a Sales Manager with an MNC, precisely related to my engineering, and handling exports. I have a total work experience of more than 7 years.

Looking at all the factors, I decided to pursue a one year diploma or certificate course from Canada which I believe will help me in my PR process.

So I request you all to kindly help me with my below queries:-

1. Having a sales background which course is best for me, considering the future job prospects in canada itself.
2. I have scored 58% marks in my engg degree. After going through all the reputed college's website I came to know most of them take students who have scored more than 75% in their grads. Kindly suggest which university best suits my qualification.
3. Will I be able to receive a student permit considering my age, experience and profile.

Seeking some valuable help and advices.

Thank you
Abhijeet

Reactions: suhelm

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to get admitted to a course that would lead to career advancement and must make sense based on previous education and work history. If you have a family it also must make sense for you to study overseas and spend all that money on studying abroad.

Reactions: abhijeetsingh2218

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
You will have to get admitted to a course that would lead to career advancement and must make sense based on previous education and work history. If you have a family it also must make sense for you to study overseas and spend all that money on studying abroad.
Thank you for the reply. I will be taking my family along with me on a visitor visa. The only question is which course should I opt for.

Thank you.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I will be taking my family along with me on a visitor visa. The only question is which course should I opt for.

Thank you.
Do they already have TRVs? Bringing your family with you to Canada while you study is not guaranteed. Nobody can select a program for you. It is also pretty evident that you are not a genuine student which will likely be evident to the visa officers.

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Do they already have TRVs? Bringing your family with you to Canada while you study is not guaranteed. Nobody can select a program for you. It is also pretty evident that you are not a genuine student which will likely be evident to the visa officers.
Ok..Thank you..So I guess its better to call them after I land..thank you