+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student housing recommendation in Vancouver

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Would you recommend GEC Living?
Why don't you read the google reviews of GEC Living?

Here's a 3 months old review for GEC Viva:

Nice location and view...
Horrible management, dirty, shabby and NO service at all!
Just a little example: In my room was snot from previous tenants at the walls. After I told them of the 16 bed bugs I found, they expected me to sleep another 4 nights in the bed until a treatment was organized. Because I was not offered me a proper room I moved out to a hotel and afterwards to another accomodation. The landlord still does not want to come up for the costs of the temporary hotel room and the damage caused by the whole bugs treatment (washing clothes with at least 55°C...). Even though they obviously must have known of the bugs (the waste bin was full of them before I moved in --> see pictures).
I also had great difficulty getting out of here. I had to invoke BC tenancy law, several articles of which were broken by the landlord.

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
Why don't you read the google reviews of GEC Living?

Here's a 3 months old review for GEC Viva:

Nice location and view...
Horrible management, dirty, shabby and NO service at all!
Just a little example: In my room was snot from previous tenants at the walls. After I told them of the 16 bed bugs I found, they expected me to sleep another 4 nights in the bed until a treatment was organized. Because I was not offered me a proper room I moved out to a hotel and afterwards to another accomodation. The landlord still does not want to come up for the costs of the temporary hotel room and the damage caused by the whole bugs treatment (washing clothes with at least 55°C...). Even though they obviously must have known of the bugs (the waste bin was full of them before I moved in --> see pictures).
I also had great difficulty getting out of here. I had to invoke BC tenancy law, several articles of which were broken by the landlord.
I didn’t read the reviews of other GEC Residences since I wanted to stay at GEC Burnaby Heights which have good reviews. But now that I have read reviews from all of their residences, it’s very concerning. 1600 dollars for a bedroom doesn’t seem worth it…

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I didn’t read the reviews of other GEC Residences since I wanted to stay at GEC Burnaby Heights which have good reviews. But now that I have read reviews from all of their residences, it’s very concerning. 1600 dollars for a bedroom doesn’t seem worth it…

Thanks!
Think you may be surprised at the cost of housing in greater Vancouver. You would also be paying a premium since you don’t have to commit to a full year’s lease.